Are you impressed or not?

Discuss excavators here

martyn williams

Re: Are you impressed or not?

Post #11 by martyn williams » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:03 pm

It may get a big crowd ,but don't think its that clever to work a machine at not normal angles. I would like to see it used for precision work . What a way to treat a machine :dizzy:

Dirtman2007

Post #12 by Dirtman2007 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:44 pm

Col 140 wrote:
IBH wrote:Would somebody tell Hyundai their machines look dreadful with black cabs.

They don't look very good with sh*t all over the counterweight either ;)

Col

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a pile on the top.

I just think i would every buy a hyundai, ran one that only had 1900 hours on it, been take good care of and it already needed some major repairs to be done. Problems with the swing, controls were all jerky, ect.

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by Joes1989 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:25 pm

I think those hyundais look really smart with the black cabs. Better than the all yellow/orangey theu used to be.

Joe

penfold

Post #14 by penfold » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:38 am

More muck on the counter the bigger the bucket you could use :lol: :lol:

I wounder how many times if any he has rolled one to find his and machines limmits,

looks good and i bet if we'r all honest we all do a little stunting now and then, espcialy when noones looking, till we'v perfected it then doit on the job as if it was nothing, what :?: that :!: naa i doit all the time :lol:

and muck allways washes off

tctractors

Post #15 by tctractors » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:10 pm

I have met Doug, many times, I saw him at 2 bauma shows and many times at the S.E.D. shows also casualy, He is now retired from work as a full time driver, just doing the plant shows to keep his hand in and earn a few bob, his wife goes shopping when he is doing his stuff, all the stunts he does are things that he thinks up to show the machine "OFF", he is not bothered about what happens to the machine as long as the crowd are happy, he is a great and gifted driver with super nerve and loads of luck, as he always seems to pull off a great show, one year at an S.E.D. the safety officers nearly stopped the show, as he had dug out a fair old crater with a ramp out that was best described as ######g steep, then with the tracks tracking up the ramp but getting lots of slippage, he calmly kept on digging and slewing throwing the muck in different directions, the massive crowd was silent, untill he finaly drove the banger out of its grave, then everyone gave out a gasp and a cheer, make no mistake he is " DINAMITE " and a cracking guy with it.

tctractors

Jason_Hannaford

Post #16 by Jason_Hannaford » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:28 pm

Joes1989 wrote:I saw him at SED this year on that Hyundai 210. I have to say he know the limits of those machines. I was really really impressed with all the stuff he was doing with it....

Not tryin to upset anyone but if you dont know the limit of the machine your driving you shouldn't be driving it. He might have a good crowd there watchin but if i was lookin for a driver to employe I probably wouldn't ask doug.... As nick said i probably dont know all the facts but neither would a guy standing by the fence watchin what he was doing!!!
no offence to Doug but it just reminds me of some of the youngsters nowadays who have the atitude "it's not mine, I don't have to pay for it, so i'll just abuse it"

Joes1989

Post #17 by Joes1989 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:48 pm

no offence to Doug but it just reminds me of some of the youngsters nowadays who have the atitude "it's not mine, I don't have to pay for it, so i'll just abuse it"

Im only 19 and i have a Cat 315CL that is my work machine and i can assure you that the "its not mine so ill abuse it" thought has never even entered my head!
Im in the plant game for the love of the job that im doing! Im constantly asking questions and wanting to learn! And i always check the rear Eagle eye mirror to see if im going to scrape anything before i slew round!

Joe

Jason_Hannaford

Post #18 by Jason_Hannaford » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:56 pm

sorry if you thought i was havin a dig joe i know there are people like your self gettin into the game for the right reasons. but there are those who just don't care I suppose it's not just the youngsters sorry if i did offend any one not very good at puttin my thoughts on paper so to speak

d4c24a

Post #19 by d4c24a » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:17 pm

He might have a good crowd there watchin but if i was lookin for a driver to employe I probably wouldn't ask doug.... As nick said i probably dont know all the facts but neither would a guy standing by the fence watchin what he was doing!!!
no offence to Doug but it just reminds me of some of the youngsters nowadays who have the atitude "it's not mine, I don't have to pay for it, so i'll just abuse it"[/quote]

it would be a bit like seeing this picture ,you would think the same no :?: :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

penfold

Post #20 by penfold » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:00 am

Jason
just incase your comment was ment toward myself stating that we all do a bit of stunting, (abusing it cos it aint mine)
I only prat about in what i own,
And i allways end up maintaining anyone elses machine i operate better than i do my own, and dont stunt in theres, cos i do pay for what i damage and their machines are a lot more expensive than mine,

There are them that treat machines like shite, and shouldnt be allowed to go nowhere near machinery,

Most people drive a car, then there are them that race cars and have an ability to make a car dance as rally drivers do,
Doug has that abillity to make the machine dance,
To make and connect with somthing enough to know how to make it dance car machine bike you have to find it's limmits as well as yours,

I havnt seen doug in action but i'd like to it's somthing you dont see every day and I'm sure the machines are built to take a bit more than a dance
Last edited by penfold on Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Excavators”