Interesting eBay find, not sure what this is all about but some are hard to ID?

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Gavin Phillips

Interesting eBay find, not sure what this is all about but some are hard to ID?

Post #1 by Gavin Phillips » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Its always interesting what you'll find next on eBay, machinery is certainly no exception to that rule. Here's quite a nice lineup of machinery although some are harder to identify than others!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260954355120

1: Poclain, looks like one of the early machines?
2: Hymac, possibly 121B
3: Rather nice Cat 206!
4: Hymac 121B with earlier paint scheme
5: JCB early 800-series machine. 805/806?
6: JCB, much larger, perhaps 807 or even 808?
7: Richier/Ford H43, never seen one of those on eBay before
8: Hymac 580C

Its the large JCB excavator that caught my eye the most although I'd love to know a bit more about the whole collection. At first I thought they were asking for any machines that were no longer wanted/surplus to requirements but now I'm not so sure?

Hard to tell from just one picture and not knowing its condition but that Cat 206 looks in very nice condition considering you are probably looking at an early 1980's machine there?

Best regards

Gavin
Look out that window, Eden isn't burning. Its burnt.

TullyveeryClassicJCB
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Interesting eBay find, not sure what this is all about but some are hard to ID?

Post #2 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:32 pm

One of the JCB's is a 6C or 6D. The most impressive looking digger ever made in my opinion.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Interesting eBay find, not sure what this is all about but some are hard to ID?

Post #3 by Martyn Henley » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:47 pm

I cant see a 6C/D in that lot William ..i can see a rather sad 5C in the bushes though, and i am sure that the othe JCB is an 808

Interesting place, who will be the first to go and visit :D

Martyn

Topic author
Gavin Phillips

Post #4 by Gavin Phillips » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:53 pm

Martyn Henley wrote:I cant see a 6C/D in that lot William ..i can see a rather sad 5C in the bushes though, and i am sure that the othe JCB is an 808

Interesting place, who will be the first to go and visit :D

Martyn

I can imagine there would be no shortage of interest because of that JCB 808 alone. Not many of them kicking around I'll bet.

Best regards

Gavin

Julian

Post #5 by Julian » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:23 pm

I'm tempted to take a look as I'm only about 20 miles away. Not that I'm that familier with these things but I can't see any of them worth more than the value of scrap iron?

Julian.

Topic author
Gavin Phillips

Post #6 by Gavin Phillips » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Julian wrote:I'm tempted to take a look as I'm only about 20 miles away. Not that I'm that familier with these things but I can't see any of them worth more than the value of scrap iron?

Julian.

If I was that close, I'd be around there most weekends getting more and more pictures of the gear they have.

Depending on their condition, I see no reason why there wouldn't still be some use for perhaps the Cat 206 or even the Hymac's and the Richier machine. The last time I saw Hymac excavators of that size, they were in use by landscaping firms so maybe there's still a market for them. The 808 would make an excellent (but huge) restoration project due to its vintage and rarity with the 5c if its as bad as it looks; maybe a donor machine to supply another with parts?

Best regards

Gavin

essexpete

Post #7 by essexpete » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:42 pm

The JCB does look a real beast. I've have been fightened of the later Hymacs by folk on here. :lol:

There was a secondhand pump for a 121 on fleabay @£1200 which put me off even further.

Return to “Excavators”