NCK-Rapier in NZ.

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
dozeron

NCK-Rapier in NZ.

Post #1 by dozeron » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:14 pm

Hi All,
Shot of a NCK-Rapier I took in a quarry back in NZ in 1995. It looked pretty sick then, would think it is dead by now!! Just in the background is a very very battered dragline that swung a ball for rock breaking. I seem to recall it may have been a Wolf, would think it is also in scrap heaven by now. Dozeron.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nick Drew

Re: NCK-Rapier in NZ.

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi Dozeron,

Well I have to say you have posted some fantastic shots of machines from the past and this one is yet another example.

I wonder what they were like to operate .....anybody know anything about NCK hydraulic excavators?? :?:

Keep those great old photos coming Ron :thumbs_up:

Nick ;)

Ron G

Post #3 by Ron G » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:50 pm

That excavator looks a lot like an old 366 Bantam that I used to run.They were built by Koehring as some of you may remember.Ron G
BantamC366RF.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nick Drew

Post #4 by Nick Drew » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:54 pm

Great Shot there Ron G,

Great to see you here at the new Site also....Hope to see a lot more from you too....Please :D

I never got to see any Koehrings in the flesh but I have a few books with some big machines in ie the 1266.

Nick

Ron G

Post #5 by Ron G » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:12 pm

Hi Nick,actually that pic is one that I found on the web as the only pic I have of the one I ran was taken long after I left the company that owned it and it does not show very much of it.The pic was taken at their storage yard,in fact in the foreground is an old Hancock elevator scraper that I used to run as well.In fact it sits where I parked it after driving it on the highway about 5 miles running on about half of the 6 cylinders of a 6-53 that powered it.I will include that pic but as I said,it does not show very much of the Bantam.Ron G
MVC-006F.JPG

Return to “Excavators”