Poclain 75 CKB

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Re: Poclain 75 CKB

Post #191 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:38 pm

The saga continues; well at least I felt like I had accomplished something today, I decided that rather than try and strip the rotary coupling in-situ, I would remove the whole lot. Before unfastening any of the hydraulic hoses I decided the best plan of attack would be to first release the bolts which hold the unit to the machine and then the socket caps which hold the unit together, that accomplished I disconnected all the hydraulic hoses to the coupling marking them all so they go back in the right place.
Finally the big moment came for the drop and after hitching the complete unit to a pull-lift and sling, once I took the weight I removed the securing bolts, of course the thing was stuck fast in it's place but after a quick smack with a hammer and bar the seal broke and the unit was resting on the pull-lift and sling which I then lowered to the ground and used the same method to tug the unit from underneath the machine.
I did attempt to strip the unit but it would appear that it needs to be pressed apart and then back together again, so I'm not 100% sure of my next move but hopefully next week I should get the unit sorted one way or another.

Jeremy

MrF
Flag: France

Post #192 by MrF » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:02 am

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Image

They sell that little pump design in lidl's everywhere, I know, because I have two of them :)
Have to admit I've never drained a machine's hydraulic tank using one but they're handy for smaller fluid transfer jobs, refilling the shed diesel heater tank, taking fluids out of machines for winter storage and that sort of thing. Is that the unit that couldn't cope or the one that worked?

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #193 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:54 pm

MrF wrote:
Jeremy Rowland wrote:Image

They sell that little pump design in lidl's everywhere, I know, because I have two of them :)
Have to admit I've never drained a machine's hydraulic tank using one but they're handy for smaller fluid transfer jobs, refilling the shed diesel heater tank, taking fluids out of machines for winter storage and that sort of thing. Is that the unit that couldn't cope or the one that worked?

Phil it's the one that didn't work in this instance but to be fair I was expecting a bit much of it, I am sure that it will suffice for other uses though. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #194 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:22 am

Yesterday I managed to get the distributor apart; carefully placing the body on a piece of wood I was able to use another bit of wood to carefully drive the center of the coupling out, at the first initial glance the seals things did not look too bad but after careful examination I found the cause of the woes. The seals that you can see here are only an outer ring, they are probably made of nylon as they appeared to be quite hard, but the rubber/neoprene seals behind them which actually form the seal had gone brittle and started to disintegrate (thought I had taken a photo of them but had not) so that was the cause of the issue, I have put an arrow on the one photo where the hard outer has pushed back under pressure because the seal behind it has collapsed.
Now I needed some new seals and as there is a good hydraulics company not too far from Andrew's I decided that rather than try and clean the coupling there with all the dust and crap, plus the need to carefully press it back together with the new seals in place, it would be easier for me to get them to supply and fit the seals, then I just need to fit the complete thing back on the digger, so I dropped off the complete stripped distributor with them, fitting it back on promises to be interesting unless I have a pump, look at the last photo!

Jeremy

hair bear
Flag: Great Britain

Post #195 by hair bear » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:00 pm

Where's your ambition man? Speedo's and a snorkel... (although we don't need that on film)
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

essexpete

Post #196 by essexpete » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:56 pm

hair bear wrote:Where's your ambition man? Speedo's and a snorkel... (although we don't need that on film)

:D

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #197 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:51 pm

hair bear wrote:Where's your ambition man? Speedo's and a snorkel... (although we don't need that on film)

I would but it looks about as inviting as the local canal. :lol:

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #198 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:34 pm

Small update here; the seals for the distributor have had to be specially made so rather more expensive than I had anticipated :wtf: nonetheless it needed doing so just a case of biting the bullet.
Last weeks expedition was cancelled due to a bout of manflu and while I normally recover from this sort of thing within a couple of days, this was not the case in this instance; after finally making a full recovery, that aside I set off up there today not quite sure of what I would accomplish, trouble is the weather is against me now as well, anyway the dizzy isn't ready for collection yet, the seals were due to them today.
I decided that one job I wanted doing was to remove the drain plug from the hydraulic oil tank and drain out the dregs which I did get done so that was another one off the list, then three of the hydraulic hoses I took off the machine while I was removing the dizzy required cleaning so that was accomplished I don't have to mess about when the time comes to refit them, finally there is another low pressure hydraulic hose that is rather perished so while the oil is out of the system I took it off and will get a new one made and fitted before I refill the hydraulic system, so some bits done but nowt worthy of a mention.

Jeremy

mechman
Flag: Great Britain

Post #199 by mechman » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:17 pm

I admire your tenacity there. The grafts hard enough without the travel involved.
Norm.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #200 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:15 pm

Finally I managed to get the re-sealed distributor back so that task of refitting it could begin; well not until I drained the swimming pool first :lol: the Hymac made that an easier challenge, along with some dry timber. After getting sorted I carefully rolled the distributor along two pieces of wood, then lifted it over the piece that the machine is sat on and carefully maneuvered it underneath the machine.
While the pull-lift made an easy job of hauling the lump up to its mounting place, as it was not lifting centrally it made it awkward to get it into position, a few angry words later and it was mounted, I just managed to get the upper pipes reconnected before I finally ran out of daylight, so hopefully next visit it should all be done. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Excavators”