I made another trip up there yesterday and started to tackle some of the electrical problems, the main issue is that as the machine had stood with a rotten cab roof that has lots of holes in it, the water had got into the dashboard. When I first had the machine, I had temporarily covered the holes with glass fibre repair until I either replace the roof or get a better cab, but I decided to look at some of the dashboard issues which were; the ignition light only works part time, the oil warning light did not work at all and both of the warning gauges are not working.
The ignition light fault was a bad connection but I replaced the complete lamp with a good used one, the ammeter was totally naff having once had water in it, I replaced that with a second hand one that I had in my possession, the oil warning light had two problems, a bad connection and the sender unit was naff. Andrew kindly let me have a sender which he had in stock and the connection was made good.
I then used a couple of cans of specially mixed aerosol paint on some of the already fading paintwork, I still feel that I did not achieve all that I could have yesterday but nonetheless every job done is another one off the never ending list.