Nottinghamshire

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
pete345

Nottinghamshire

Post #1 by pete345 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:26 am

Hi all,

Just a quick message to let you Nottinghamshire people know there's a few machines on Coxmoor Road between Derby road and Ravenshead.

Doesn't look like there's anything too big but a few dumpers and dozers etc. I've not had a good look as they park up in the field which is not easy to see from the road.

Cheers.

L.Kezz
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Nottinghamshire

Post #2 by L.Kezz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:54 am

Also in Nottinghamshire there is the A453 widening in clifton, nottingham up to junction 24 of the M1, I've seen a cat 336D and some Bell 25 ton adt's. All sizes up to 30 ton machine wise, hitachi, komatsu, cat and more. Also noticed a cat D6 and some komatsu dozers. Keep meaning to get some up close pictures but it's a little difficult walking as there are no pavements on this stretch of road and with it being a single carriageway, it is one of the busiest roads out of nottingham, hence the widening. Traffic is very very heavy at any time of day, the narrowing of it for cones, signs, barriers and temporary traffic lights make it even worse. Work will be until summer 2015 I believe, also in clifton is the tram construction into nottingham city center, all sorts of kit on that job too!
Cheers

L.Kezz

Topic author
pete345

Post #3 by pete345 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:52 am

Thanks for the info! Will hopefully get to the site i mentioned this week to see what's there. What sort of kit have you seen on the tram job? Thanks

L.Kezz

Post #4 by L.Kezz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:18 am

Well for part of the tram job, they are constructing a bridge right next to the queens medical centre that will go over the A52 towards Grantham. There have been some huge cranes lifting concrete sections recently that are still there now, plenty of action going on round that part of nottingham.
Cheers

L.Kezz

Joes1989

Post #5 by Joes1989 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Long eaton plant have 80% of there kit on the tram extension! Couple of blokes who I worked with are on there! I saw an LTM1500 down at the QMC about 9-10 weeks ago! Don't know where to park round there so couldn't get any pics!

L.Kezz

Post #6 by L.Kezz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:05 am

Joe, there is a turn off just after queens med, take a left at the roundabout and there's a car park soon after, not sure if it's pay and display though but the view from there might be limited, as the bridge will be in front of the machines.
Cheers

L.Kezz

L.Kezz

Post #7 by L.Kezz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 am

There is a video on youtube of the construction of the bridge over the A52! Showing them putting it into place! The video is called A52 - Moving a 1000 tonne bridge! Worth a watch!
Cheers

L.Kezz

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”