A few days off

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
martyn williams

A few days off

Post #1 by martyn williams » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:06 pm

Its nice to have a few days off after working through Christmas and new year.It proved to be a very busy time.Had a trip to my old stamping ground of Exeter on Boxing day to attend a loco on a train that had been stuck in the floods.Newyears eve shift turned out to be a manic day with five locos failing in the morning.Faults ranging from a multiplexer fault,oil leaks,power earth faults and a radio fault.There is a new radio system inplace from the 1st Jan in some areas,its called GSM-R , If the system on the loco is not working,the train cannot leave the yard,if set off by accident it effects trains in a 11 mile radius :dizzy: In the two week holiday period I have covered 2000 miles in the van.I was even asked to attend a job in London. Had some fun in Oxfordshire on a job where the access road was 5 foot deep in water.Time to stop when you see ducks swimming towards the van.
So hopefully the weather will improve so I can carry on with some machinery projects which include a Drott scarifier rebuild and the TD6 project
Martyn

nick lamb

Re: A few days off

Post #2 by nick lamb » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi Martyn,nice reading about your exploits on the road (or line!).
Read your artical in the classic plant magazine.I bet your neighbors love you!! :D

Topic author
martyn williams

Re: A few days off

Post #3 by martyn williams » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:04 pm

The love me to bits Nick :lol: Been here over twenty years now.In my road alone ,Landrovers , VW's ,farm tractors, motor bikes are restored. Always get a crowd when loading or unloading.
Martyn

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”