P.M. Harris Job Taunton

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
Nick Drew

P.M. Harris Job Taunton

Post #1 by Nick Drew » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:35 pm

Here are some shots from my latest job where I am on hire to Burton on Trent Contractor Paul Harris Ltd on his site in Tauton Somerset UK.

The first phase of this job is scheduled to last 46 weeks !! so a fair bit of work to be done on this site primarily roads and sewers to start with.

I hope to update this thread as the job progresse's

Nick.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chrismx

Re: P.M. Harris Job Taunton

Post #2 by chrismx » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Hi Nick,

Your right that PC210 could do with bein shown a rag or two. No fooling us wot machine your driving shining as per usual :mrgreen: .My grandad has just bought one of those JS 220's wot do you think of it :?: Chris.

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #3 by Nick Drew » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Hi Chris,

Well I have to say I am quite impressed with the JS220 to be honest, now that I have got used to it :roll:

All hydraulic functions are smooth and very responsive and there is plenty of power when needed, the cab is excellent with plenty of space and a very comfortable driving position, my only issue with this machine are the vandal guards which are an absolute nightmare to fit :dizzy: :roll:

Nick :mrgreen:

tone_rmz250

Post #4 by tone_rmz250 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:37 pm

Looks a nice machine actually Nick! i must say as much as I hate JCB they have got the cab layout sussed right out the wheeled machine I have been (trying to drive) today seems alot more roomy than a case!
yikes never thought i'd hear myself praise a jacob :dizzy:

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #5 by Nick Drew » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:11 pm

I heard today that a brand new Komatsu machine is being delivered to the site on Monday which will be a new addition to the P. M. Harris fleet.

I will post some shots of it next week :thumbs_up:

I notice we have a new member tonight "Diggermover" works on the site and has been with P.M. Harris for some time ;) Hopefully he can tell us more about the companys fleet of machines ;)

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #6 by Nick Drew » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:22 pm

Ok, Monday morning a brand new Komatsu PC240LC was delivered to site, I managed to snap these pics of it still on the low loader.

So far I have been working too far away from it to get any action shots but hope to get some soon !!

P.M. Harris's operator Brian (Bunk) to his friends :? Tells me he is very pleased with the machines performance.

On a different note one of there PC210's has been diagnosed badly worn slew ring and so Mr Harris has decided to trade in the old 210's for new kit!!

More pics soon

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

Post #7 by John Gaunt » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:15 am

Great pictures Nick, keep up the good work !!

tone_rmz250

Post #8 by tone_rmz250 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:06 pm

looks like a nice machine there, i wonder how long it will stay looking like that?? That long nose scania that delivered it is a lovely looking lorry isn't it, i was speaking to the chap that owns it last year at truckfest south west, think it stands them in the region of 140,000 just for the unit. :thumbs_up:

Robban_C

Post #9 by Robban_C » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:16 pm

Nick, nice pictures, as usual. :thumbs_up:

tone_rmz250 wrote:... That long nose scania that delivered it is a lovely looking lorry isn't it, i was speaking to the chap that owns it last year at truckfest south west, think it stands them in the region of 140,000 just for the unit. :thumbs_up:

Last year on the Volvo days there where a similar Volvo truck just for display with lots of extra chrome and all kinds of bling. Chromed wheels, chromed exhausts, extra lights all over, chrome all over, deep red metallic paint etc. Just for the show and nothing else, a pure display truck. It wasn´t meant to be sold.
Well, one of the visitors liked it so much that he ordered two without asking about the price. :dizzy: :dizzy:
Some people have quite a lot of money!
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #10 by Nick Drew » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:36 pm

Well here are a few shots of me on the JCB 220LC, Sadly today was my last day on the site for now anyway.

In a moment of madness yesterday I gave in my notice to Luke Furse over the hours and the fact that it is a 142 mile round trip everyday and he was not prepared to pay anymore travel time payment then 1 hour a day :cry:

Although I tried to withdraw my notice today the Fursey's were having none of it :o One of Luke's favourite sayings is "Well drivers come and drivers go but Luke Furse keeps on going" !!

Great attitude eh !! :lol: :lol:

Shame really because it is a good job up there with a great bunch of lads to work with :thumbs_up: ,
But unfortunetly there is a fly in the ointment on the site on the Furse crew but thats enough said about that ;)

I hope that I can return to the site working for P.M Harris on a freelance basis in the not too distant future :thumbs_up:

I would just like to thank Rob, Andy, Pat, Jim, & Dave for making me welcome on the site it was a pleasure working with you chaps and I hope to see you all again soon :thumbs_up:

Right that enough of that Soppy S*** !!

Heres the pics...Enjoy!!

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”