mainlaying

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

mainlaying

Post #1 by jcb4cx » Sun May 15, 2011 1:45 pm

a few pictures of the job i am on at the minute ,its over 1 km of 315 PE watermain all in the road
we had to lay 100m of ductile past on old petrol station at the start in case of contamination
we have had plenty of ground water ,lots of other service's and obstructions
now the concrete has appeared :doh:
we started in February and its due to run until September
i do enjoy the roadwork as its never a dull moment where as digging across fields can get a bit monotonous ;)

cheers graham
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
every village has one , is yours missing you

Neversweat

Re: mainlaying

Post #2 by Neversweat » Sun May 15, 2011 3:18 pm

jcb4cx wrote:i do enjoy the roadwork as its never a dull moment where as digging across fields can get a bit monotonous ;)cheers graham

Plus people can drive past and shout abuse - So if you're in the Fleet area Tim :thumbup: - I've already had a go at it :lol:

Steve

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun May 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Well its good to see your busy there Graham, you'll have to let us know if the project does finish on time.

Jeremy

Topic author
jcb4cx

Post #4 by jcb4cx » Sun May 15, 2011 6:02 pm

Neversweat wrote:
jcb4cx wrote:i do enjoy the roadwork as its never a dull moment where as digging across fields can get a bit monotonous ;)cheers graham

Plus people can drive past and shout abuse - So if you're in the Fleet area Tim :thumbup: - I've already had a go at it :lol: Steve

Tim has already been past a few times and i got a toot and a friendly wave , unlike when you went by and i then had to convince my mate that you really are older than me :doh: :lol:

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Well its good to see your busy there Graham, you'll have to let us know if the project does finish on time.

Jeremy

we were late starting as the water co could not make up their minds on what pipe to lay :arrrrgh:
and then while we had three way lights up ,the gas board jumped in to do some final connections on some work they did and ended up holding us up for a week before we could move the lights up
its only two of us doing the digging, laying , shingling and then foam concrete, another gang transfers the house supplies after we have commissioned a section of main

cheers graham
every village has one , is yours missing you

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”