OPERATOR LOOKING FOR WORK

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
jcbjohn

OPERATOR LOOKING FOR WORK

Post #1 by jcbjohn » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi to all, just wondering if there's any work out there? I am up in the north-east and a lot of gear parked up around here.. Usually on a sideboom but the pipeline game is feeling the bite also. If anyone knows of a 360 or loading shovel etc going spare give me a shout. Heard greyhound and barhale have gone under, the crunch is taking no prisoners ! Cheers john

Jack

Re: OPERATOR LOOKING FOR WORK

Post #2 by Jack » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:23 pm

Sorry cant help mate , Didnt realise barhale have gone though, just round corner from me.

go back

Post #3 by go back » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:52 pm

everybody down in the southwest is in the same position we have 54 drivers 5 out working nothing in the pipeline so not good :arrrrgh:

GIZZY
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by GIZZY » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Im looking for work at the moment and ive sent cv after cv and nothing. Anyone want an operator with 10 years experience give me a shout. The recession is not helping things at all

tctractors

Post #5 by tctractors » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:47 pm

Any Info on the Barhale thing??? I have done heaps of work for this outfit in the 90's and loved every moment, I was working right near their yard last weekend (Cemetery road) on a W270 shovel, I have been told about a new pipe line coming soon in the area from a transport Co with 600 loads of pipe to move from the East Coast to the South West, any more info I will Post.

tctractors

Martyn Henley

Post #6 by Martyn Henley » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:59 pm

I have looked at Barhale on the net, and i cannot find anything at all saying that they have gone kaput .. in fact quite the opposite
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=5435193
still going strong ?
http://www.cnplus.co.uk/sectors/water/barhale/trant-construction-jv-in-southern-water-framework-win/5202223.article
I think so

Martyn :wave:

Jack

Post #7 by Jack » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:52 pm

tctractors wrote:Any Info on the Barhale thing??? I have done heaps of work for this outfit in the 90's and loved every moment, I was working right near their yard last weekend (Cemetery road) on a W270 shovel, I have been told about a new pipe line coming soon in the area from a transport Co with 600 loads of pipe to move from the East Coast to the South West, any more info I will Post.

tctractors

Ahh AT the recycling Yard By IKEA?

Jim M

Post #8 by Jim M » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:48 pm

I'm the same. Got a start on a job in Bristol and 6 weeks after i started the plug was pulled and we all got our notice :wtf: .I believe the problem was non payment of work for about 5-6 months by the client allegedly.
I have 10-12 years experience mainly with quarry and earthmoving plant, Dozers, Rigids,Adt's, Excavators etc all on a blue card.

Cheers
Jim

tctractors

Post #9 by tctractors » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:29 pm

Thats the place Jack, its a right rough old site, with plenty of entertainment laid on F.O.C. not my best posting ( job ) but I seem to do a fair bit now in these waste transfer sites, tomorrow I am going to one on the Worc-Hereford road to sort an ejector trailer/Foden outfit that has calved down and will not eject??, I bet it stinks like a tramps over-coat.

tctractors.

p.s. any news on the Barhale front.

Jason_Hannaford

Post #10 by Jason_Hannaford » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:24 pm

GIZZY wrote:Im looking for work at the moment and ive sent cv after cv and nothing. Anyone want an operator with 10 years experience give me a shout. The recession is not helping things at all

Hey Gizzy Wats your situation???? are you self employed?? What Machines are you cpcs trained on?????
The company I work for is still quite busy.. and we are based in liskeard... give us a shout with a contact number...

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”