New Job

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

tone_rmz250

Re: New Job

Post #51 by tone_rmz250 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:04 pm

haha yeah im not supprised! not that i wouldnt be the same! although i think it would take abit more than a tin of paint to make that cat d6 that i have been driving today look good again!!!! have you got anyway of posting that pic that i sent to your phone??? :dizzy:

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #52 by Nick Drew » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:21 pm

tone_rmz250 wrote:haha yeah im not supprised! not that i wouldnt be the same! although i think it would take abit more than a tin of paint to make that cat d6 that i have been driving today look good again!!!! have you got anyway of posting that pic that i sent to your phone??? :dizzy:

Yes mate I will post it for you in the Dozers section.....Keep em peeeled!! :shock:

Nick :mrgreen:

Lars-Gunnar
Flag: Sweden

Post #53 by Lars-Gunnar » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:02 am

nixs wrote:
Lars-Gunnar wrote:I´m really surprised that Volvo not have a more proper and demanding product. They as is responsibility can´t say they not know about this serious defect. It is bad goodwill and can in the future be so they are forced cloce their excavator division if they are unlucky.

They have bought Ã…kerman and they should continue develop this make rather than destroy it. There is no sign after this legendary excavator when we are watching Volvo excavators.

If I was the highest Boss of Volvo Construction Equipment I should call to a crisis meeting. It is impossible understand how they can ignore do anything on the factory before they deliver their products around the world. It seems as they not care if they lose moneys which is what they do.

I read on HEF how a customer in USA had a lot of problems with a new 330 Front loader. I become scared when I read about it.

We as live will wait and see how it goes

Lars-Gunnar :evil:

Lars-Gunnar, i can´t let this pass by without pointing out some major mistakes you are making about this issue. Bad goodwill? Didn´t they fix the problem? Isn´t that goodwill? Or at least taking their responsibility? I mentioned earlier in this thread that we had some issues about grading with the new 210C series. But this was well knowned from the pre-series and they worked hard about it and there is a solution to it already but it takes some time to try out which modification made most effect. Its just like pulling the spools out and take a grinder and make a notch in it and try again! And facts talks for itself Volvo is the only major brand that toke marketshares in the worldmarket in the last years.

And ok for being nostalgic but you don´t need to be blind for facts anyways! Åkerman was almost bankrupt then Volvo bought it and they invested over a billion just to keep it floating several years before the closed it down, and the productline of Åkerman wasn´t up to date so it was definitely a better strategy to buy Samsung and upgrading their productline to the standards of Åkerman. You just can´t say that Volvos excavators is a bad product, it´s great!

About the 135 vs 140 and grading problems i think its something that happens then they strip the machine from the extra hydraulics and the checkvalves or what it was you mentioned earlier. I never heard it from the machines here in Sweden (140s) so i can imagine its a local problem on just this market since the product is specific to the UK (The 135). Hydraulics is a bite more complicated than many people think and then you remove some parts or change one thing it might get you some unwanted effects in the other end.

Yes, Volvo have fixed the problem but I had wrote my message before they dit it and therafter did you write your message.
I can both read and write on English and can also understand what others say. I´m a Volvofan and my raction was it is bad deliver a product as is not proper and why is their machines different in Sweden and England? have we both not the same need? Or use our friends in England their machines on a different way? The answer sis NO.

Lars-Gunnar§ ;) :)
AMD computers and Volvo trucks is best

Robban_C

Post #54 by Robban_C » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:24 pm

Lars-Gunnar wrote:... why is their machines different in Sweden and England? have we both not the same need? Or use our friends in England their machines on a different way? The answer sis NO.

Lars-Gunnar§ ;) :)

The machines are different because the 140 alone would be to expensive on the GB market where the competition is much tougher than here in Sweden. So the 135 is a stripped down 140 to make it more competitive. And both you and I being patriotic :D Volvo fans wants them to sell lots of machines.
But I totally agree that it would be much better (and probably cheaper) to fix the problem before delivering the machines to the customer now that they know how to fix them.

About that L330:
I don´t know if it is a single customer or if it is a "disease" but remember that one single customer complaining doesn´t make it to a disease. It could actually be the customer that has unreasonable expectations. Such things happen and it can´t be cured.
Or it could be the first one in a series of machines having the same problem.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

tone_rmz250

Post #55 by tone_rmz250 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:26 pm

i am also a very keen volvo fan, but i understand the question why send out a brand new machine that quite clearly has a defect and also if the factory nos what the problem is why not fix it and fit the appropriate parts :dizzy:
So i ask my local volvo sales rep and also mechanic and the answer i got was basically, "there is probably x amount of these hydro pumps made and ready to fit all the new 135-140 machines and the pumps were quite possibly made way before they even knew they had a problem with them", fair point! also he said that they dont fit the "grading kit" on all machine because some drivers dont complain about it! not sure what there work must look like tho! :dizzy:

IBH

Post #56 by IBH » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:55 pm

Surely the "grading kit" should be standard fitment rather than an add on, as the ability to grade properly is something any excavator should be able to do! :dizzy: Its a bit like supplying a washing machine with no door!

tone_rmz250

Post #57 by tone_rmz250 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:19 pm

i totally agree but what i cant work out is the rep told me that these kits are only fitted on uk machine so do people in other countrys not grade ????? :dizzy: or are we (uk) rubbish drivers??? something dont add up here! :oops:

Robban_C

Post #58 by Robban_C » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:24 pm

tone_rmz250 wrote:... he said that they dont fit the "grading kit" on all machine because some drivers dont complain about it! not sure what there work must look like tho! :dizzy:

It isn´t about there work, it´s about the drivers. If the drivers don´t know how a good excavator should be then there´s no problem with it. So it could actually be that an experienced driver complains while a beginner thinks it´s alright.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

tone_rmz250

Post #59 by tone_rmz250 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:56 pm

yeah i see where your coming from!!!!!!! but to be honest i could be classed as a beginer at only 21 and as soon as i drove my new machine i could tell there was something wrong! but i have driven alot of other machines to compare it to e.g case, hitachi, komatsu, cat! and the volvo beats them all for everything else apart from grading!!! which i feel is a real shame because its a great machine :thumbs_up:

Robban_C

Post #60 by Robban_C » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:19 pm

Stop! Don´t misunderstand me!
I consider you experienced. And I consider Nick experienced as well. And you complains about the machines because they are not good and you should complain if they are not good. That´s alright! :thumbs_up:
What I meant was that less experienced drivers might not feel that something is wrong and that could be the reason they don´t complain.

And one more thing:
Experience isn´t about age if you ask me. Experience is about knowing what you´re doing, regardless if you´re young or old.

Edit: And I didn´t have you or anyone else here at CMN in mind when I wrote about beginners.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”