New Job

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

tone_rmz250

Re: New Job

Post #31 by tone_rmz250 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:48 pm

no you wont mate like you said good drivers are hard to find! you will be snapped up quickly ill have a think see if i can find you something!! (just driver hire)!! :thumbs_up:

Robban_C

Post #32 by Robban_C » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:15 pm

Nick, good people (and drivers) are hard to find. You´ll get a new job.
And you probably need a few days of vacation. And you can always spend some time marketing your services as a driver and machine owner.

Nick Drew wrote:... Nick :mrgreen: FOR HIRE !!
I could have used an extra driver last week but it´s quite a distance. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Robban_C on Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Robban_C

Post #33 by Robban_C » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:19 pm

Tone, Hi and welcome! :thumbs_up:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #34 by Nick Drew » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:26 pm

Thanks Robban!!! :thumbs_up:

Yes I think it would be a very interesting & enjoyable experience to come and do some operating in Sweden.........One day maybe ;)

Nick :mrgreen:

d4c24a

Post #35 by d4c24a » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:29 pm

90 % better i think i would tell them to bring a lowloader and if it is not 100% take it away
:?
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #36 by Nick Drew » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:37 pm

d4c24a wrote:90 % better i think i would tell them to bring a lowloader and if it is not 100% take it away
:?

Yes Graham,

My sentiments entirely!! That is what I said to the rep when I cancelled the Volvo I had on order!!

Lars-Gunnar
Flag: Sweden

Post #37 by Lars-Gunnar » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:18 am

I´m really surprised that Volvo not have a more proper and demanding product. They as is reponsibility can´t say they not know about this serious defect. It is bad goodwill and can in the future be so they are forced cloce their exavator division if they are unlucky.

They have bought Ã…kerman and they should continue develop this make rather than destroy it. There is no sign after this legandary exavator when we are watching Volvos exevators.

If I was the higest Boss of Volvo Construction Equipment I should call to a cricis meeting. It is impossible understand how they can ignore do anything on the factory before they deliver their products around the world. It seems as they not care if they lose moneys whish is what they do.

I read on HEF how a customer in USA had a lot of problems with a new 330 Front loader. I become scared when I read about it.

We as live will wait and se how it goes

Lars-Gunnar :evil:
AMD computers and Volvo trucks is best

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #38 by Nick Drew » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:41 pm

Hi All,

Well on my unexpected day off today I went to meet up with our member Tone-RMZ250 and to try out his Volvo excavator that I was driving last week. ;)

Today the mechanic from Volvo Construction Equipment UK attended to try to rectify the grading problem apparently the problem lies with a couple of spool valves which have now been replaced, I tried out the machine once more and I have to report that there is alot more "feel" to it now :thumbs_up:

According to the mechanic the UK is the only country worldwide where people complain about this problem :dizzy: and this is why they dont fit the "grading pack" to all the machines :roll:

Here are some more photos showin the offending article, and some of Tone at the controls.

tone_rmz250

Post #39 by tone_rmz250 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:16 pm

well as nick has already said i had the grading kit fitted today!
it has totally transformed the machine i personnally feel that it made the machine almost faultless now! one thing that i liked about the volvo when i had it first on demo, was the fact that it was so sensitive on the sticks! and now ive had the afternoon to get used to it! i think they have a near perfect fix to the gradind problem!!!! :D
what i will be very intressted to find out is if any other drivers especially in different countrys have had this problem because the volvo people reckon that this has not been a problem in other countrys which i find very hard to belive! so if any drivers have any information on this i would be very intrested to hear about it!!! :thumbs_up:

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #40 by Nick Drew » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:56 pm

Nick Drew wrote:Well I am sorry to report that this new job has turned out to be a complete nightmare :dizzy:

And for the first time in my 25 year operating career I have no work for this coming week !!

Anyone need a driver anywhere ??? :lol: :lol:

Nick :mrgreen: FOR HIRE !!

Hi Guys,

Well I wasnt out of work for long and tomorrow I am going to be doing a bit for a company that I was working for last year Luke Furse Earthmoving driving their Volvo EC210B on a site in the seaside town of Dawlish in Devon.

Hopefully this will mean a bit of normality back to my work life :dizzy:

I will be posting some photos from this new job as time goes by :thumbs_up:

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”