A46 Widening...

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

LAROOSKY

Re: A46 Widening...

Post #31 by LAROOSKY » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:27 pm

hello iam andy working on the a46 for jones on one of there own gps d6t just to let every one now if you want to have a look i should press on cause 27 trucks and rollers were of hired on friday with more to go in a fortnight

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #32 by Joes1989 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:15 pm

How old is the D6T mate i saw one of jonesy new D6TLGP's in finning chesterfield a few months back! Is there still big excavators on site?

LAROOSKY

Post #33 by LAROOSKY » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:40 pm

they are the one mate about three months old think the 365 cat is still there but thats north of saxondale rounabout iam south

pete345

Post #34 by pete345 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi, just seen the feature on the a46 in earthmovers. Just wondering if anyone could tell me what machines are around at the moment? Will go take a look sat if its worthwhile! Just to confirm, is work being carried out north and south of saxondale roundabout? Cheers

BulldozerD11

Post #35 by BulldozerD11 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:21 pm

pete345 wrote:Hi, just seen the feature on the a46 in earthmovers. Just wondering if anyone could tell me what machines are around at the moment? Will go take a look sat if its worthwhile! Just to confirm, is work being carried out north and south of saxondale roundabout? Cheers

I whent down the other day but by the time id got down it was loosing the light and traffic was slow. Several of the side roads are blocked off and machines are in isolated areas working on crossovers and structures.

They are working on the whole lenght pretty much having stripped the hedges etc but mainly building the structures, the bulk of the much shift were it runs along side the existing A46 will be in spring by the looks. (some machines were parked up so may have shut down for day by time i got there).

The Cut at the North end is a fair way off the A46 line so you need to go up side roads or walk, stopping on the main road is not advaisable unless in a 4x4 to pull onto verge.

Southern section looks like it runs through a derelict army camp. A mountain bike would be best way of looking at job, by parking in middle and can go down all the little roads to get to site ;) Its a D&B so still designing some of it in detail, and its not muck shifting weather as will just end up with a boggy mess now. It looks like part of a big cutting done to use as the fill across the flood plain at Newark end by Farndon. Near the mansfield road they were building a reinforced road crossing on the side road, but only a couple of small machines there and a cabin.

There were some biggish excavators visible in the distance or half hidden behind bunds from the main A46 at variouse points, but could not snap them while driving past.

Got a couple of poor photos of ADT by a new bridge on the Mansfield road but that was all. Think the plan is get the new bridge built so road can be diverted over the top as too busy for haul road to cross that road and stop the traffic.

dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

pete345

Post #36 by pete345 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:28 pm

Thanks dave, will have a run down on saturday and see what I can get to. Still plenty of adts etc to have a look at then? Wondered if it was worth a trip to the site office at raf newton. Cheers

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”