bank digging

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
d4c24a

bank digging

Post #1 by d4c24a » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:32 pm

here are some pictures of what was basically someones back garden ,they sold half of it and i dug it all out for a house to be built in it
we built the retaining walls and the associated groundworks and then backfilled
i also found a free tip just down the road for 200 ton of chalk so i got a good drink for that :thumbs_up:
cheers graham
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Nick Drew

Re: bank digging

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:52 pm

Overton Graham, :?:

I think I worked up there in a place where they..or at least they used to print bank notes. I may be thinking of the wrong place but ......??

I remember it being high security to get in or out :roll: :roll:

Nick :P

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #3 by d4c24a » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:11 pm

DE LA RUE is the place yes it was just up the road ,i know someone who uses the off cut paper for horse bedding :o when its redish you know they have been making £50,s :lol:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by tctractors » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:21 am

De La Rue, I have done a good bit of work for these people, including hauling printing press machinery over to Sittard in Holland and also to Switzerland, I think the machines printed Credit Cards,if it was Cash I would have brought them home???
tcrtactors

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”