My Quarrys

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
Hammer man

Re: My Quarrys

Post #31 by Hammer man » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Well,i`ve finished in Wainwrights now.My last job was to go back along the bench in the above photos,knocking out 3 lumps of face/toes to widen the bench,then bunding the edge as i went.Then removing a large of the face from the top of the bench in the photos.What a difference some edge protection makes!!Still had the same width where my machine is parked,but no fears with some bunding.
My 350 is now in the yard for a 1000 hr service,a new lower roller,hammer re build & some general tlc.My roller gave way while tracking out of the quarry(did`nt know about it :oops: )then the 771 ran over a chunk of it causing a pucture on a nearly new tyre,scraping it!!!!Whoops :oops: :doh:
I`m now working down the road at Tarmacs Halcombe quarry,on a Volvo EC460B(the crap one that i had in the summer,& the one i hit the step off)with a small Montabert V45 hammer,the same as mine.(half throttle again :doh: )
Keartons have lost the crushing & screening contract,& we now have it.3 crushers & screens,shovels,ADTs,& hammer.We have a EC460CL feeding a crusher,with me working with him hammering.The machines now have "boxing rings",handrails around the upper structure,green lights etc.
Hopefully i will have my 350 modified,or get the EC360C :D & split my time between here & Wainwrights.
I started on Tues driving Keartons Case CX240B,& hammer,a JCB 2 & a half ton hammer.Over size for the machine,but it handled it well.Not a bad hammer either :thumbup: .Awfull digger though :roll: .A 2007 with 4500 hrs,it just seemed basic inside,with a awfull hammer pedel,half the electronics not working,& track adjuster seals gone.From what i hear from the Kearton lot,they dont rate them.I will post a pic of it over the weekend.
2004 Hit ZX350,9556 hrs
2007 ZX350/3,6000 hrs,now with just over 10000 hrs!!!

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”