Alexander Stadium

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Alexander Stadium

Post #1 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:22 pm

Today I was fortunate to be able to do one of my canal walks with a good friend; I took a route along the Tame Valley Canal from the bridge at the Newton Road all the way to 'Spaghetti Junction' (Gravelly Hill Interchange) with some quite spectacular sights as the canal passes directly beneath this giant Motorway Interchange.
Along the way my friend said she was not expecting to see the construction work on the new Alexander Stadium which if memory is correct is being built for the upcoming Commonwealth Games, it was great to see the work and you could just about get some half decent photos a few of which I have posted below.

Jeremy

MrF
Flag: France

Re: Alexander Stadium

Post #2 by MrF » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:21 pm

Nice pics, particular liking for that trencher with all the coils ready up on top of it with what looks like a giant hydraulic subsoiler mounted on the rear. I could keep that busy round here for a few days :)

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Re: Alexander Stadium

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:05 pm

MrF wrote:Nice pics, particular liking for that trencher with all the coils ready up on top of it with what looks like a giant hydraulic subsoiler mounted on the rear. I could keep that busy round here for a few days :)

I thought it certainly looks like a handy piece of kit. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”