dygor gaylord

Discuss large and small companies here.

Topic author
stodge

dygor gaylord

Post #1 by stodge » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:06 am

I hope i have spelt it right,this was a company i worked for on the andover bypass 68 69 they used ts 14s some 22as and a single 68a with blade .there was some interesting prototype stuff there as well , a gradeall or gradall a lorry with a telescopic blade, almost like a giant square telescope for grading the batter ,it was very unreliable . Also the prototype haulmatic with a single cab a v8 engine and a high mounted dump truck body,there was also about a dozen production haulmatics based on a commer dump truck all had auto boxes. Also in the fleet were 2 commer dump trucks with 2 stroke diesels and split axles,also no power steering!! these were the beginners trucks and was my first mount ,loaded was a nightmare with no power steering,also had to split each gear changeing up.I graduated to a production haulmatic which was easy to drive but the auto box had no hold so in soft going changed down till it stopped.We were loaded by a 977 driven by a loon that used to break the spings on our trucks which us drivers had to change.Some names I recall ,Fred Smith the boss ,Bramwell Mellaney Billy ? old boy who drove the proto. nicknames Stodge thats me,Raz. Flower, Jack Flash, Sandles ,The Hippy,will try to remember more .went all through the wet summer of 68 with them learning to operate a ts14 in between times.have much more I am trying to recall .Stodge

nick lamb

Re: dygor gaylord

Post #2 by nick lamb » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:51 pm

I was on for them(CP Holdings) during the early 90's.This was taken at Damside occs.Across the way was their Headles Cross occs.I have some pics of their Cat 777's,Euclid R85's, a Cat 992C, and a Cat D8N somewhere on this board.I think I recall Dyggor Gaylords Cat 631D's and a D9H opening this site up in the late 80's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IBH

Post #3 by IBH » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Some photos of Dygor Gaylord- opencast coal mining Eckington 1981:
http://www.panoramio.com/user/1018649/tags/Digger%20Gaylord

lynchy

Post #4 by lynchy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:01 am

Remember seeing them on at Pica,west cumbria early 80's?

Return to “Companies”