7 x D65px Dozers
3 x D85ex Dozers
2 x D155 Dozers
1 x SK818 Skid Steer

I heard they doing work in Sierra Leone

dig deep pile high

Re: Hawk Group

Post #2 by dig deep pile high » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:24 pm

Saw one of their PC 450's on a low loader down here ( Devon Cornwall boarder) yesterday with the biggest f***k off bulking bucket you have ever seen on a 45 tonner!

nick lamb

Post #3 by nick lamb » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:08 pm

They have changed names a few times.They also went bust at least once.

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by bigkit » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:50 pm

Yep macca, and they were looking for drivers if you want a start. Each man has his own body guard (dont know if thats true), wages about 25/hr but your taxed as domicile here. Think the man said 4 weeks on, 2 off, but I wasn't taking much notice, all that dodgy food, bandits and tax to pay put me off! :lol:

jcbjs220

Post #5 by jcbjs220 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Well my mates just left jcb, and is going out there with hawks (his girlfriend is the plant manergers daughter, so im gessing his being sent there to get killed!!!) It works out that he will earn 2k a week, but he does 7 weeks on, and 3 weeks off. However, if he comes back to the uk for those 3 weeks mr tax man will be smiling, but the way around that is to spend a week on holiday (usally the guys go where the changeover of their flight is) meet their other half there, spend a week, sometimes 2 there, and then come back to the uk for the rest of their time off. That way, they dont get taxed as they are out the UK for more than 75% of the year, or whatever the figure is. If im honest, ive been looking into doing it aswell, as Hawks are a big customer of ours, and i get on well with the management.....but my other half told me she'd rather me not do it!! The amount of kit they have sent over there is unbelieveable, and its a 30 year contract to extract iron ore if im correct. :shock:

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by Joes1989 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:03 pm

They had a few machines on the M1 widening on hire to the drain layers! I had thought about applying for a job with them but i got told they arent very good payers! They also had a lot of plant badged as John jones on the A46 widening job in nottinghamshire!

Topic author
macca1

Post #7 by macca1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:44 pm

bigkit wrote:Yep macca, and they were looking for drivers if you want a start. Each man has his own body guard (dont know if thats true), wages about 25/hr but your taxed as domicile here. Think the man said 4 weeks on, 2 off, but I wasn't taking much notice, all that dodgy food, bandits and tax to pay put me off! :lol:

No good to sticking where im at now we got loads on

jamhop

Post #8 by jamhop » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:09 pm

jcbjs220 wrote:Well my mates just left jcb, and is going out there with hawks (his girlfriend is the plant manergers daughter, so im gessing his being sent there to get killed!!!) It works out that he will earn 2k a week, but he does 7 weeks on, and 3 weeks off. However, if he comes back to the uk for those 3 weeks mr tax man will be smiling, but the way around that is to spend a week on holiday (usally the guys go where the changeover of their flight is) meet their other half there, spend a week, sometimes 2 there, and then come back to the uk for the rest of their time off. That way, they dont get taxed as they are out the UK for more than 75% of the year, or whatever the figure is. If im honest, ive been looking into doing it aswell, as Hawks are a big customer of ours, and i get on well with the management.....but my other half told me she'd rather me not do it!! The amount of kit they have sent over there is unbelieveable, and its a 30 year contract to extract iron ore if im correct. :shock:

jamhop

Post #9 by jamhop » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:15 pm

been trying to get a start in sierra leone driving a machine since january , every time i call i just get told they are still looking at cvs , its probably who you know though

higgi

Post #10 by higgi » Sat May 19, 2012 4:54 pm

hi guys im at the minute out of work up here in scotland looking to get in with hawk n away to sierre leone do you know how a can get in with them sent my cv and app in last year but no joy

Return to “Companies”