OMG JCB

Discuss large and small companies here.

Topic author
newjcb123uk

OMG JCB

Post #1 by newjcb123uk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:56 pm

OH MY GOD :doh: What have you done JCB :roll:

The thing we discussed a while ago looks like its about to take effect - The birth of a new JCB logo. It's all to do with keeping up with the mighty CAT - Ah well must be a sign of me getting old now but unless it grows on me ultra quick I hate the new JCB Logo - Sorry Mr Bamford but I'm one for the old school - I've drawn the old JCB logo a million times as a school boy and I still doodle it as I'm on the phone, it just has become something I've grown up with. Yes the new logo might look modern and "we all have to move with the times you know" but Yuk!Yuk! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: need I go on............................

Oh yes thanks to www.Cranes etc for the photos that confirmed my worst fears. :oops:

Further down the thread you may find I get used to it or maybe it grows on me - I don't know only real time will tell :think: :think: :think:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by newjcb123uk on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man reaps what he sows"

essexpete

Re: OMG JCB

Post #2 by essexpete » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:03 am

Change for the sake of change and usually a change of brand image smacks of the desperate. Where is their heritage?

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:19 am

This is what happens when you get the corporate sales bods involved that try and make companies believe they will have greater success with a make over and image change, all bull if you ask me, sorry JCB its crap please bring back your familiar logo. ;)

Jeremy

Jack

Post #4 by Jack » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Lol, Dont want to come across as a complete sado, but i have the old JCB Logo on my bedroom wall and a 3CX, Ill post a picture later!!!

Topic author
newjcb123uk

Post #5 by newjcb123uk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:26 am

Jack wrote:Lol, Dont want to come across as a complete sado, but i have the old JCB Logo on my bedroom wall and a 3CX, Ill post a picture later!!!

Cough cough - I think we all have done at one stage Jack :angel: - get this - I even stuck the JCB logo on the toilet seat to help my son along when he was potty training - worked a treat :thumbup: Now does that not say it all about the power of the brand :P
"A man reaps what he sows"

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by Joes1989 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:02 pm

I have to say aswell it does look S**T i saw it on a small telehandler on the M1 that was on the back of a brit european low loader and was almost sick! The black rams and axles i can live with,and actually quite like it now! But i dont think ill ever get used to this! You should see the back end of the JS's now too! A thick black band with the crappy logo spread all the way across it! Certainly not clever thinking by JCB!

IBH

Post #7 by IBH » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:07 pm

There's an example on the TC Harrison JCB website, on the right hand side of the homepage- a flash image of different JCB products:
http://www.tchjcb.com/

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #8 by FOWLER MAN » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Hello Chris
Change for changes sake can never be a good thing. The JCB logo is part of British Heritage.
They should never let outside marketing pressures influence change to something so fundimental to their prestigious image.
Fred.

jcb4cx

Post #9 by jcb4cx » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:21 am

it will not make them dig ant better :lol:
every village has one , is yours missing you

Martyn Henley

Post #10 by Martyn Henley » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:10 am

:thumbdown: i was wrong :dizzy: