Tough at the top JCB

Discuss large and small companies here.

usedjcbdave
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Tough at the top JCB

Post #11 by usedjcbdave » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:33 pm

Regarding JCB Utilities,this is a division concentrating on the Utilities market.It has recently introduced an 801X in optional high visibility light green with underground cable sensors etc.(Based on the 8018X with expanding tracks for added stability) and also a 2CX Streetmaster Utility incorporating a hand held hydraulic breaker as an optional extra and new addition of a dipper mounted trencher attachment,obviously both aimed at the utility sector.Also the MiniCX has now been deleted from the range.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by usedjcbdave on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IBH

Post #12 by IBH » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks for that info Usedjcbdave :claphands:
I've also noticed that only the HTD5 Dumpster is listed and the Compact Tractor and mower ranges appear to have gone from the Groundcare range to plus the 716 ADT, is that correct?
And finally, will the new logo being used on Loadalls (see boom and engine below) be used on other products?

Thanks in advance. :D

Topic author
newjcb123uk

Post #13 by newjcb123uk » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:41 pm

Ugghhhhhh - :arrrrgh: This new logo first appeared on the 722 Dumptruck and I then feared it would raise it's ugly head it's just big and ignorant! - Of course it's a response to the mighty CAT but am dismayed that JCB is now following instead of leading - Look at the COPY-CAT (excuse the pun) black appearing on their machines and now this new (if I say horrible) JCB logo appearing It certainly isn't a time to rebrand whenever the already established image of the company is finding it hard enough in the market place. There's also a New Holland Look to the new livery which doesn't do JCB any favours I think.

Maybe I'm just showing my age my near 4 year old has just said to me - "Look Daddy that's a great looking Loadall" :roll:
"A man reaps what he sows"

essexpete

Post #14 by essexpete » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:17 pm

It does seem unecessary to change the original logo which was carefully designed years ago. Obviously machines must go forward in design but colours and logos help to define a brand. Rebranding is often the move of the desperate. Thinking here of Leyland tractors and currently some of the schools nearby.

usedjcbdave
Flag: Great Britain

Post #15 by usedjcbdave » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:50 am

IBH-Yes you are correct in the JCB 716,mowers,some dumpsters and small tractors in groundcare going.Regarding the logo,it has been recieved with mixed opinions.I have seen a new JCB 3CX Sitemaster with the new logo on,so presume it will be standard across the range in time.I personally prefer the old logo from when the company first started,allegedly done when the logo was painted onto a mower side panel which was in the shape of the current logo.

sean

Post #16 by sean » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:24 am

All good things come to an end.
sean.

Return to “Companies”