Levertons or Bowmaker history book

Discuss large and small companies here.

Topic author
Gavin84w

Levertons or Bowmaker history book

Post #1 by Gavin84w » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:20 am

G,day all,

Does anyone know if a publication on the history of one of the above dealerships was ever done?

I recall seeing scanned pics of what looked to be this kind of publication on the ACMOC site a few years ago

Thanks

RichardJW~

Re: Levertons or Bowmaker history book

Post #2 by RichardJW~ » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:43 am

Gavin,

I have a 6 page brochure about Bowmakers from the '70s that I had posted up quite a while back.
If you can possibly wait till May(ish) time when I am back home I'll scan & send to you.

H Leverton & Co Ltd

Post #3 by H Leverton & Co Ltd » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:33 pm

I am considering writing a book about Levertons - I run the FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/H-Leverton-Co-Ltd-Spalding-Lincolnshire-Caterpillar-Main-Dealer/
My father Arthur Wensor, was Service Manager there from 1963 to his early retirement in 1987 (Aged 58) and I am in touch with a lot of the old workforce at Spalding Depot. They are rallying to my aid with loads of photos
See my Facebook page - H Leverton & Co. Ltd. Spalding, Lincolnshire - Caterpillar Main Dealer

Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:47 am

H Leverton & Co Ltd wrote:I am considering writing a book about Levertons - I run the FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/H-Leverton-Co-Ltd-Spalding-Lincolnshire-Caterpillar-Main-Dealer/
My father Arthur Wensor, was Service Manager there from 1963 to his early retirement in 1987 (Aged 58) and I am in touch with a lot of the old workforce at Spalding Depot. They are rallying to my aid with loads of photos

I am quite sure that a book on this subject would be very welcome. :rockon:

Jeremy

JIMBO973

Post #5 by JIMBO973 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:58 pm

I think that's a great idea, I work for finning at Ashford and so does my father I've been here for 10 years but my farther has worked here for 25 this year hence the reason I'm so interested in leverton as in those days when I was a child I spent every hour I could with him at work!! We could probably dig up lots of photos of the Ashford dept, customers and sites as there are still a large amount of staff here who are ex leverton and I'm sure they would be interested in a book!!

JIMBO973

Post #6 by JIMBO973 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:59 pm

I think that's a great idea, I work for finning at Ashford and so does my father I've been here for 10 years but my farther has worked here for 25 this year hence the reason I'm so interested in leverton as in those days when I was a child I spent every hour I could with him at work!! We could probably dig up lots of photos of the Ashford dept, customers and sites as there are still a large amount of staff here who are ex leverton and I'm sure they would be interested in a book!!

Return to “Companies”