Flag: Wales

More vintage at SE Davis

Post #1 by argie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:41 pm

More photos from a trip to SE Davis' yard
102_0675.JPG

102_0676.JPG

102_0680.JPG

102_0681.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BulldozerD11

Re: More vintage at SE Davis

Post #2 by BulldozerD11 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:34 am

Some good photos there. Any idea what make the grey Loading shovel / Dozer is ?

An amazing place, could spend days looking at all the stuff.

I tried to up load some of my pics earlier but too big :( I took loads at the Astwood Bank Steam rally of the yard.

heres some by links as I've uploaded a few to use on the Tractor and Construction Plant Wiki .
Main page here:- http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki;

Direct to Photo links:-
Chamberlain Tractor
http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Chamberlain_of_SE_Davis.JPG

David Brown with Dozer Blade
http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Image:DB_Bulldozer_SE_Davis_Collection.JPG

Vickers Vigor
http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Vickers_Vigor_Bulldozer.JPG

Cat Dozer D7 ? (forgot to look what it was)
http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Cat_Dozer_at_SEDavis_yard.JPG

30RB Face shovel and a few other RB machines
http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Image:SEDavis_30RB.JPG
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Nick Drew

Post #3 by Nick Drew » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:25 am

That Grey wheeled dozer looks like a Michigan to me ;) not sure on the model number :dizzy:

Nick :thumbs_up:

Topic author
argie

Post #4 by argie » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:01 pm

Hi Dave,
A belated welcome to the forum! Nice pics, but that is the problem with Davis' yard. They have that much quality stuff there, they pack it into the sheds a bit too tight for photos! :( .

Nick,
Spot on mate, it is a Michigan. And I don't know what it is either!!!

Paul

d4c24a

Post #5 by d4c24a » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:04 pm

i woud love one of those matadors :thumbs_up:
unless i win the lotto i wont be getting one :lol:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

martyn williams

Post #6 by martyn williams » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:00 pm

That Michigan is the same type as the Dinky toy model of the 1960's

Nick Drew

Post #7 by Nick Drew » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:02 pm

argie wrote:Hi Dave,
A belated welcome to the forum! Nice pics, but that is the problem with Davis' yard. They have that much quality stuff there, they pack it into the sheds a bit too tight for photos! :( .

Nick,

Paul

I used to have a couple of Dinky toy models of that Michigan Dozer as a kid, I'm thinking the real machine might of been numbered the 180 :?: :dizzy:

Nick ;)

BulldozerD11

Post #8 by BulldozerD11 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:20 pm

Nick,

Paul

Cheers Paul & Nick

I gave up trying to count the machines in both sheds at about 50 + in each. There must be 200 + in the yard. Some very interesting stuff in the sheds and hidden behind the big scrapers and tankers.

Looks tidy in your shots, you must have chose your spot carefully as at the show the problem was people wandering in the way. The low loader parked in front of the top shed with the Euclid in blocked the veiw a bit as well. Tidy old Mobile crane in the rh end but impossible to get a shot of most of it (without standing on the roof of the big Cat). Got a photo of a Fowler with rotavator someware.

Think i've got a photo of that "Michigan" from the front corner i think on the other PC. I think it been turned into a Push tractor / recover machine as IIRC the winch cable comes round the front a bit like the big AB / Marshall built for the army.

There a Yard like that near me but over grown. Years ago people tried to by stuff that was like scrap the owner wanted daft money for it, but perhaps he knew it would be sought after now. :!: Some of the stuff disappeared over the years but must be loads left in the back.

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Nick Drew

Post #9 by Nick Drew » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:02 am

BulldozerD11 wrote:

Nick,

Paul

Cheers Paul & Nick

I gave up trying to count the machines in both sheds at about 50 + in each. There must be 200 + in the yard. Some very interesting stuff in the sheds and hidden behind the big scrapers and tankers.

Looks tidy in your shots, you must have chose your spot carefully as at the show the problem was people wandering in the way. The low loader parked in front of the top shed with the Euclid in blocked the veiw a bit as well. Tidy old Mobile crane in the rh end but impossible to get a shot of most of it (without standing on the roof of the big Cat). Got a photo of a Fowler with rotavator someware.

Think i've got a photo of that "Michigan" from the front corner i think on the other PC. I think it been turned into a Push tractor / recover machine as IIRC the winch cable comes round the front a bit like the big AB / Marshall built for the army.

There a Yard like that near me but over grown. Years ago people tried to by stuff that was like scrap the owner wanted daft money for it, but perhaps he knew it would be sought after now. :!: Some of the stuff disappeared over the years but must be loads left in the back.

Dave

Well Dave,

Your mission should you choose to accept it is to get down there with your strimmer and get some photos of all the buried treasures!! Lol :lol: :lol:

Nick :thumbs_up:

Topic author
argie

Post #10 by argie » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:28 am

Another few from Davis' yard
Copy of 280407 111.jpg

Copy of 280407 110.jpg

Copy of 280407 109.jpg

Copy of 102_0694.JPG

Copy of 102_0693.JPG

Enjoy
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Companies”