dumper

Are you working on a certain project? Renovating an old machine?
Tell us about it here and show us the progress.

Topic author
old gag

dumper

Post #1 by old gag » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi I am new to this forum I would like some advice please, I have bought a back hoe/ digger/ bmc md8 which seems to be an American model,
I have bought it with the intention of fitting it to a dumper, The person I bought it off said he had been using it on a flat bed trailer with a power pack so thought it suitable for dumper fitting. It was interesting to read what was said about the power take off for a hydraulic pump,What would you experts advise as the best dumper to use?. i was thinking of leaving the skip on and fixing 2 rsjs protruding from the back and fixing the backhoe to these it has 2 stabiliser rams each side so all the weight would not be on the dumper.
All so I was thinking of adding ballast to the skip when needed to act as a counter weight. The plate on the machine says BRANTLY MFG CO FREDERICK OKLAHOMA SERIES MD8 the only information I can find on line says that they manufacture helicopters what do you think of this idea any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Return to “Projects”