1970 Land Rover

Are you working on a certain project? Renovating an old machine?
Tell us about it here and show us the progress.

Julian

Re: 1970 Land Rover

Post #11 by Julian » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:53 pm

FordsonMajor wrote:Ive always liked the old landies got the bug from the old man, anyway it turns out one of his work mates has a series 1 80 inch BRG in colour and i got a ride in it a few weeks ago, i wanted one just because it would be a good truck to take to the shooting range but now i feel i NEED one lol sweet little vehicle had a smile on my face for hours hahaha

Lindsay

I've not really got a great deal of LR knowledge over and above that required to keep my series three in reasonable fettle, however I've heard it said on more than one occasion that the series one can be difficult to get spares for. I guess if you intend to use the vehicle a bit and put some miles on it then a two might make more sense?

Julian.

FordsonMajor

Re: 1970 Land Rover

Post #12 by FordsonMajor » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:02 pm

It probably would Julian, most of the time id be using to station wagon car but just for the odd days i feel more Englishy than others like on the cold, wet days on the range with the flat cap and SxS 12 bore lol
Enfield Logic: Who cares if the Mauser can handle a stronger cartridge? While you're still working you're Mauser action to make up for you're miss, my 2nd round is already there.

Return to “Projects”