JCB 3DMKll

Are you working on a certain project? Renovating an old machine?
Tell us about it here and show us the progress.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB 3DMKll

Post #11 by Martyn Henley » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Do you mean this picture Tim ?

52bf.jpg

Yes this is a later machine, from 1975 onwards

Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
josephcyril

Post #12 by josephcyril » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:52 pm

That's it! :thumbup:
I look at this pic a lot and think - One day...One day..!

Martyn Henley

Post #13 by Martyn Henley » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:06 pm

Looks great don't it, Chris and his team did a great job on the machine..

Here is the link to Mike Eacocks restored 3Dmk2 with white Caribbean cab ...
JCB 3D

Martyn

BulldozerD11

Post #14 by BulldozerD11 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:06 pm

Martyn Henley wrote:Looks great don't it, Chris and his team did a great job on the machine..

Here is the link to Mike Eacocks restored 3Dmk2 with white Caribbean cab ...
JCB 3D

Martyn

Just posted the photos of the JCB 3DII and then realized it was in the thread in the link above :doh: so follow the link ^ for the new photos of it.

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

newjcb123uk

Post #15 by newjcb123uk » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:09 am

Hi tim - Some more of this classic - Sigh - should have kept her :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

BulldozerD11

Post #16 by BulldozerD11 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:25 am

:thumbup: Looked smart there Chris when you see the rotten cab originally and the lovey shade of green patina in the before shots.

Looks like you will have to do another then since you sold her and now your missing her.

Hows the current projects going ?

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
josephcyril

Post #17 by josephcyril » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:22 am

Some progress with the 38TD engine over the last few weeks, mainly getting things together.
Bought the rebuild kit with all the gaskets, 4 new pistons with rings, 4 cylinder liners, new bearings all along the crankshaft (which is still away being ground - a story in itself!) also 1 new conrod because the original had been cut off with an oxy torch. Sent the injectors off to be looked at and decided to have the injector pump looked at as well (those guys know how to charge when they're having a 'look'! :shock: ) The head has come back skimmed off with 4 new exhaust valves all shiny & clean. I noticed the starter ring gear was badly worn in two opposing spots so got a new one, shrinking that on was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be.
Refaced the rockers today and cleaned up the rocker shaft ready for the assembly.
I managed to get the torque converter into the bell housing yesterday, slowly the pile of bits is getting smaller as each piece is finding a home and/or being painted yellow.
I'm hoping to get the crank back this week, the original plan was to see how much of the assembly I could get done over the Easter weekend but the mother in law is moving into a home and 'er indoors has volunteered me to move her. I suggested the move would go so much easier with a functioning JCB but that suggestion was met with a disproportionate amount of scorn.

XS650

Post #18 by XS650 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Great project Tim ,
Harking back to Martyns earlier post them parallel 3D arms really do look odd when elevated, i can't recall ever seeing a picture of the real thing loading high either.
Not all those who wander are lost.

Topic author
josephcyril

Post #19 by josephcyril » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:29 am

Finally got round to doing some more work on this project after a load of 'real work' got in the way. Just waiting for some final bits now such as radiator hose, fan belt etc then turn the switch & cross fingers :thumbup:
I've never seen one of these assembled in the flesh so it's been a jigsaw without a picture.
Hoping to get it running over the Christmas break then reunite it with the beast :D

Mark.Rive

Post #20 by Mark.Rive » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Nice work Tim, keep the pic's coming and enjoy your Christmas :thumbup: Mark

Return to “Projects”