jcb 4c

Are you working on a certain project? Renovating an old machine?
Tell us about it here and show us the progress.

Topic author
shaun7

jcb 4c

Post #1 by shaun7 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Does anyone know where to i can get a jcb 4c cab also dipper ram guard/cover ?
i am trying to tidy an old 4c machine. Also does the cab have open back you get in through ? new and old pics below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: jcb 4c

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi Shaun .. yes indeed the whole back is open to allow access and room for the backhoe to lift up into when travelling .. all the 4C's i have seen in the last few years have missing cabs and dipper ram guards, they dont seem to survive the passage of time, i dont think you can get them off the shelf either now, you might have to have cab and guard fabricated ...there are a few companies that do this, but i am sure the others could tell you where

Martyn

Topic author
shaun7

Re: jcb 4c

Post #3 by shaun7 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:27 pm

Cheers martyn , think i will check out fabrication route luckily the cab is not too complicated what with open back and no doors i will also be looking for having some outriggers and rear control cover made.
Was checcking her over and she has blown a core plug which i just got off e bay 99p Also seems to have damp in electrics, loosing charge and bad earth. Security did nt seem to be a problem back in the day climb in pull up handle off it goes.

Return to “Projects”