land rover

Are you working on a certain project? Renovating an old machine?
Tell us about it here and show us the progress.

Topic author
d4c24a

land rover

Post #1 by d4c24a » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:30 pm

this picture is from around 2003-4 ,i built this one from a number of old ones ,the chassis was from the 80,s the engine was from a 1985 90
panels from various ages ,but a number plate from the oldest and tax exempt :lol: :thumbup:
its now lurking behind a shed with a dead engine and a slightly rotten chassis ,one day it will return ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

bogtrotter

Re: land rover

Post #2 by bogtrotter » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:33 am

Dont start me on the landies, suppose i better list 'em!! Started with a '86 2.5 NA 90 pick up, progressed to a '90 200tdi 90 Hard top,
had 2 x 300tdi disco's ( 1, 7 seater and 1 comercial) Briefly a 2000 Td5 90, and currently a 2000 Td5 110 double cab (funnily only 7 numbers different in the reg to the 90!) And numerous Range Rovers that have given themselves for donor vehicles for numerous off road projects, ranging from 3.5, 4.6 and a big old straight 6 diesel lump, (toyota a think?? :dizzy: ) All have been projects in one form or another, the 200tdi would go anywhere off road, my current 110 although standard looking will pass 90, and keep pulling, uphill (c'mon thats gotta be an achievment, its a Landy!!! :bow: ) And the last rangie to be canabalised spawned my current trialler. 4.6 is waiting to be mated to an 88" chassis for racing! :rockon:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

john345me

Post #3 by john345me » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:29 pm

:rockon: the best 4x4 out :D

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #4 by d4c24a » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:16 pm

yes i have had a few, including to disco,s
the green lwb was the first one i got and i then brought another for spares and built one good one
the one with the bonnet up is a swb and had a perkins in it :roll: pulled like a train but only got to 40 mph flat out :lol:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

bogtrotter

Post #5 by bogtrotter » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:44 am

Forgot 2!! 200tdi transplant into classic Rangie, Current project. And a 3.5 series 1 80", ARC spec for racing. Took a week to take the smile off my face every time i drove it, road legal too!! :D

Localdiggers.co.uk

Post #6 by Localdiggers.co.uk » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:14 pm

everytime i buy a landy it breaks on a regular basis! im sick to death of repairing them over and over again....

....that said im looking for another one as we speak...

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #7 by d4c24a » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:32 pm

Localdiggers.co.uk wrote:everytime i buy a landy it breaks on a regular basis! im sick to death of repairing them over and over again....

....that said im looking for another one as we speak...

thats the fun part of owning them :lol: along with mot time :thumbup:

bogtrotter

Post #8 by bogtrotter » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:04 am

I get bored when i haven't got 1 to fix, so i generally start buliding another one!! Which inevitably leads to buying another one to break for parts to build summat thats bound to break down, bit of a viscious circle i feel!!

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #9 by d4c24a » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:24 am

bogtrotter wrote:I get bored when i haven't got 1 to fix, so i generally start buliding another one!! Which inevitably leads to buying another one to break for parts to build summat thats bound to break down, bit of a viscious circle i feel!!

when i got a D4 cat it sort of took over my spare time ,and now i just dont ever seem to have any spare time :dizzy:

Return to “Projects”