Bobcat 313 rebuild

Are you working on a certain project? Renovating an old machine?
Tell us about it here and show us the progress.

Topic author
Warmsteel
Flag: Isle of Man

Re: Bobcat 313 rebuild

Post #11 by Warmsteel » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:44 pm

Once the bolts were removed the chain case almost slid off but for the 2 pins at the top keeping it in place. With trepidation I took the cover off and I was very pleasantly surprise to see a chain case with very little rust indeed.
It would seem that these are new chains and possibly new clutches but looking at the teeth it seems that there has been some catastrophic chain failure at some point.

A point of concern was on the inside of the chain cover on the left side. The witness marks of the chain? I can’t be sure if the axial is somehow moving up and down pushing the sprocket up and down causing the chain too strike the cover?

I am not sure how this comes apart and I am wondering if anyone has or knows where I can get a parts manual for the 313. I have downloaded the manual from this site but it doesn’t show the chain case. Bobcat list a parts manual on their website but when you try and purchase it, they tell you that it is no longer available?

If anyone has a parts manual that I could acquire from them or knows where I could download a copy please let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Warmsteel

Post #12 by Warmsteel » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:16 pm

For the time been, I thought I’d leave the chain drive and deal with the fuel system. Having removed the fuel tank cover I found the fuel tank compartment flooded with diesel, realising that the tank was leaking but also the drain holes were blocked.
I fished out (literally) the tank which was full of fuel leaving about half a tank of diesel in the tank compartment.
Having emptied the tank and given it a preliminary clean I found out why there was some much diesel in the tank compartment, 2 small leaks and I haven’t decided on which way to make a repair, try and weld the leaks or brazing?

Scooping out the remaining fuel in the tank compartment, to be used for future cleaning, I used saw dust to soak up the residual diesel and I found some sort of rubber spacers, this is where a parts manual would really help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

essexpete

Post #13 by essexpete » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:19 am

Could you solder a repair? The chain drive looks a total nightmare to me, I thought the track gearbox on a Hymac was bad enough!

Topic author
Warmsteel

Post #14 by Warmsteel » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:00 pm

Actually, solder would be much better as the holes seem to be pin holes, this may work better, thank you for the suggestion. Nightmare.... no not really :lol: which is why I would like to find a parts manual before I even think about taking it all apart.

Return to “Projects”