Massey Furguson 235 rebuild restoration

Are you working on a certain project? Renovating an old machine?
Tell us about it here and show us the progress.

Topic author
Gdaddy68

Massey Furguson 235 rebuild restoration

Post #1 by Gdaddy68 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:25 pm

Just rebuilt the engine (perkins 3.152)! Engine was knocking. Found that the person who was "supposed to have" Rebuilt the engine two years ago only replaced the pistons, rods, rod bearings, and valves. Had to RE Rebuild the engine because the old crank was broken and hammering against itself. Rebuilt with new crank, new main bearings, rod bearings, oil pump, water pump, and seals. I have pics of the crank and bearings that I will post soon. Had to rebuild the stearing pump but right steering shaft seal still leaking. Working on getting the engine to crank, thanks to some guys from the UK who have helped with the CAV pump! Cleaning the Tractor up for paint and have already painted the engine and steering gear box. LOVE that Massey RED and chose the metal flake Grey/bronze for the engine, trannie, and axel. Will post pics soon! :dizzy:

Topic author
Gdaddy68

Re: Massey Furguson 235 rebuild restoration

Post #2 by Gdaddy68 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:17 am

IT LIVES!!! :claphands: Got the Perkins, perking today!! Running like a sewing machine, smoothe and sweet! Got more painting completed today and it is Looking good! :rockon:
Soon my wife of 23yrs. will think "My Tractors Sexy"! :o Pics coming soon!

martyn williams

Re: Massey Furguson 235 rebuild restoration

Post #3 by martyn williams » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:43 am

Looking forward to seeing the photos,and well done for getting it running :thumbup:
Martyn

Return to “Projects”