Dumper copy

Are you working on a certain project? Renovating an old machine?
Tell us about it here and show us the progress.

Topic author
TaylorLambert

Dumper copy

Post #1 by TaylorLambert » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:43 am

I wanted to get some of you folks opinions on a small project I want to do. For as long as I can remeber as a kid I saw a small Dumper on a movie based in the UK that has a frontwheel drive dumper in it on a farm. Ive wanted one terribly, i also want one to use in my landscaping sideline with my skid steer or excavator. I like the Thwaites machines and other similar small ones like I see in Classic Plant and Machinery Mag. I inquired about buying one in the classifieds and shiping it over but I could pay off my other skid steer with what they want for shipping.
I thought it over and I have decied to build one with some parts I have around the shop. I have an old 4 speed gear box, and a small rear axle out of a Landcruiser. An I also have a 1 cylinder Lombardini motor. I also have a small hydrostatic transmission off a road sweeper to make a hydraulic drive unit. I also want to use the power steering off the sweeper on it to. I have a full machine and welding shop and lots of parts. Is there any particular models that have more desirable features over another. I do like the flat fenders on the Thwaites machines Ive seen and the beds.

Return to “Projects”