carnage 3ciii

Are you working on a certain project? Renovating an old machine?
Tell us about it here and show us the progress.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Re: carnage 3ciii

Post #51 by Holger » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:21 pm

Sadly many pictures have disappeared (first post and following pages).
Do you maybe still have the photos?
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
MrF
Flag: France

Post #52 by MrF » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:04 am

Yes, I just had changes on my hosting server (I migrated from the old phpgallery to a flat file gallery because of security concerns), I'll see if I can fix some of the links.

Topic author
MrF

Post #53 by MrF » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:06 pm

Sorry Holger, they were hosted on Facebook and they removed my account some time ago under their "real" name policy. I've had a look around and it seems I don't have as much as I thought I did locally, but I'll keep looking.

I pulled the head off today, the liner hasn't slipped, there's only water in 1 & 2 it seems, and its bent one of the brand new pushrods on #2. So its completely inconclusive yet again though it probably bent the pushrod when it hydrolocked trying to open the inlet valve against pressure.

Matchless?58
Flag: Great Britain

Post #54 by Matchless?58 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:55 pm

What rotten luck . I really feel for you with this motor . When you eventually get it right it will probably run on for years with no problems . I had a grey fergie tractor which really tried my patience it was one problem after another , when I finally got it running right I only kept it for a year or two after the resto . I guess I was just fed up with it .
Hope you get to the bottom of the problem
Regards Chris

Topic author
MrF

Post #55 by MrF » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:47 pm

All the parts have arrived, but I got distracted by a kubota Fz2400 commercial mower with the D1105 3 cylinder diesel. We bought it to cut the grass to give my Massey Harris pony a rest from dragging a massive topper around all summer and I wanted something the wife/offspring could drive fairly safely as it has a ROPS bar and seatbelt, safeties etc. Predictably we bought one needing work for much less because well, budget, smoking black smoke and barely able to drive under its own power let alone drive the cutting deck/massive hydraulic grass collector.
Happily after a learning & diy diesel pump rebuild, removal of the dirty heating oil from the fuel tank and new filters all round, and making up a new kubota pto clutch from cutting plates out of generic pto clutch plates on the lathe/bandsaw, it now hums like a sewing machine all day. I think the 3c had prepared me to work on it.
I also bought a pop tester to test the kubota injectors and a gauge to test release pressure on the pump, and while I was at it, it turns out I have 2 bad injectors on the 3c, one is dribbling under pressure and the other doesn't have a good spray pattern. So I'll sort that out also.
Distraction over, and now bonus I don't have to stop to cut the grass myself in future.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #56 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:32 pm

Well done Phil :claphands: still progress one way or the other. :D

Jeremy

Return to “Projects”