Green Headers

How can we improve CMN? Please post your suggestions here!
Do you have problems with the site? Post here!
Do you have problems with the registration or problems to log in? Contact us at webmaster (at) classicmachinery.net

Also check out our How-To!

Topic author
Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Green Headers

Post #1 by Neversweat » Wed May 18, 2011 7:38 am

I've noticed some of the replies to topics have a green header to them instead of plain - Does this signify anything :?:

Steve

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Green Headers

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed May 18, 2011 7:40 am

Hi Steve I think its Holgers way of highlighting that a new post has been made, or the place where the new post starts since your last visit, I'm sure Holger will explain it all here.

Jeremy

Topic author
Neversweat

Post #3 by Neversweat » Wed May 18, 2011 7:46 am

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Hi Steve I think its Holgers way of highlighting that a new post has been made, or the place where the new post starts since your last visit, I'm sure Holger will explain it all here.Jeremy

Yes Jeremy - Since posting i've realised that - Brains a bit slow this early in the morning :D - This is something new though :?: or have i never noticed before :oops:
Thanks
Steve

Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed May 18, 2011 7:53 am

I's all new Steve I too wondered what was going on when I first saw it :lol: Holger loves to have a play around with the site settings from time to time..................... I think he likes to experiment with ideas to make the site a little better.

Jeremy

Topic author
Neversweat

Post #5 by Neversweat » Wed May 18, 2011 8:31 am

Jeremy Rowland wrote:I's all new Steve I too wondered what was going on when I first saw it :lol: Holger loves to have a play around with the site settings from time to time..................... I think he likes to experiment with ideas to make the site a little better.Jeremy

I'm glad its new and not me not paying attention - thought i might have to stand in the naughty corner :lol:

Steve

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #6 by Holger » Wed May 18, 2011 8:41 am

Hi there! You are completely right Jeremy! I tried to modify the code in such a way that UNREAD posts get a light green header (will change the color to LIGHTER later on) because I think that tiny little orange icon on the right side is far to small.
Unfortunately the codechanges until now only highlight the FIRST unread post in a topic. I am working on this.
As it is not a setting (I am changing the code of the site) it needs some development.

I will also highlight the "View new posts"-link more later on, because I think that is an essential link on here directing to a page with links to first unread posts in the search result.
Some resources:
How-To

Martyn Henley

Post #7 by Martyn Henley » Thu May 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Well it makes it a bit more colourful i guess, :lol: i dont know, go away for a few days and Holgers gets out of his cupboard again and changes things a bit.. never a dull moment eh, but it does show you where you have a new post or like me go away for a few days and you can see where there are a lot of posts in the topic you was active in when you left to go away and you can trace back to the green line :bow:

Martyn

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #8 by Holger » Thu May 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Well, the advantage is that you can see where the new/unread part starts fast.
Some resources:
How-To

Return to “Support and Suggestions”