LETS HAVE SOME ANSWERS BOYS

How can we improve CMN? Please post your suggestions here!
Do you have problems with the site? Post here!
Do you have problems with the registration or problems to log in? Contact us at webmaster (at) classicmachinery.net

Also check out our How-To!

martyn williams

Re: LETS HAVE SOME ANSWERS BOYS

Post #21 by martyn williams » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:00 pm

Yes,it don't bother me.Would love to see what else you have got to show us Sean. but,I do think its good manners though to say if a member liked the posting after viewing it, even if they have nothing else to say for themselves.No big deal,but can see your point.You can't force people to contribute,thats the way it is.
I helped to run a few vintage rallies over the years,we always needed help,taking gate money,selling programmes etc.There was about 8 of us working our butts off to make it run smoothly.Most of the club members just sat back offering no help even when we were struggling to direct traffic. :dizzy: .Thats life as they say.
I had one stall holder complain that he had a cow pat infront of his stall at Pencoed,its a frigging field :lol: what do people expect.
Try not to get disheartened.
Martyn

Topic author
newjcb123uk

Post #22 by newjcb123uk » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:07 pm

I'ts a case of resurecting the wise old story of "The Little Red Hen" if you all remember that - :think:

( Basicly the story goes like this - Little red hen wants to bake bread and every time she asked for help from all the other farm animals - ploughing the earth, Sowing the corn, cutting corn, grinding corn, baking it etc etc all the other farm animals tell her to get lost :( However when she finally bakes the lovely bread, all the other animals smell the tasty aroma wafting around the farm. She then asks "Who will help me eat the bread?" The other animals nearly break their necks to "help" her eat the bread where she quite rightly tells them all to get stuffed :thumbup:

You see even a hen reaps what she sows :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

sean

Post #23 by sean » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:37 am

Nice story Chris,i have the Ladybird book on hand 8-)
sean :)

bob
Flag: Great Britain

Post #24 by bob » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:18 pm

I normaly reply to the things that interest me which is pre 1980 plant which was when I was on muchshifting so scapers dozers,graders etc ,a lot of the members who use to write what I liked on here dont come on so much now and the newer plant dont do it for me. As a carpenter working manly on houses I still drive a lot of plant but dont get excicted about it .In the last year me and a mate took on the complete job of building a 100ft x 40ft steel building so we had hyundai 140w-7 rubber duck, and fait hitachi fa100 digger, a old ford loading shovel all of which I drove when the firm we done it for could not spare a driver also we had a daewoo 300lc which I just moved out of the way but never used it.I have got a few pictures but these machines in my opinon are not very exciting
Bob

sean

Post #25 by sean » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Bob,i must say with the newer stuff i dont even give it a second glance,just not intrested.
sean.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #26 by Holger » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Well some of the members like the older stuff, some of the members like the newer ... there is room for all!
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
newjcb123uk

Post #27 by newjcb123uk » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Site Admin wrote:Well some of the members like the older stuff, some of the members like the newer ... there is room for all!

Just thinking Holger - surely as site referee (especially recently) you must have had moments like this :D

Don't worry 2010 - new year and all that :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

sean

Post #28 by sean » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:53 pm

Site Admin wrote:Well some of the members like the older stuff, some of the members like the newer ... there is room for all!

Thats right there is something for everyone.
sean. :)

nick lamb

Post #29 by nick lamb » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:27 pm

I've just found this post and read it from the start.
I can understand what you're all saying and it does seem quiet here on this board to what it used to be but that's just the way things are.Some times we all go onto pastures new(for a while)and sometimes we return eventually.Perhaps we're all getting bored of each other :( .only joking :D .

martyn williams

Post #30 by martyn williams » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:43 pm

I don't know about that, it was very busy last week with a lot of new members posting very interesting posts and a lot of guests looking in as well (293 online on the 16th Feb :thumbup:) .So don't be shy,make a post or a comment :wave:
You always get a warm welcome on CMN :)
Martyn

Return to “Support and Suggestions”