Moderators ???

How can we improve CMN? Please post your suggestions here!
Do you have problems with the site? Post here!
Do you have problems with the registration or problems to log in? Contact us at webmaster (at) classicmachinery.net

Also check out our How-To!

Topic author
Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Moderators ???

Post #1 by Mrsmackpaul » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:43 am

I was talking to someone yesterday and the subject of moderators came up
Anyway I know one of this forums moderators thru the old Caterpillar machinery club and I have only seen Deas on here once since I have been on the forum, however many years that might be
Anyway I just had a ganda on the the moderator section and noticed two of the moderators havent been on here for several years and it got me thinking maybe its time to update our moderators to people that actually come on the forum at a regular basis

Having said that I dont think we ever have much to moderate but needless to say it may need up dating

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Moderators ???

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:34 am

Mrsmackpaul wrote:I was talking to someone yesterday and the subject of moderators came up
Anyway I know one of this forums moderators thru the old Caterpillar machinery club and I have only seen Deas on here once since I have been on the forum, however many years that might be
Anyway I just had a ganda on the the moderator section and noticed two of the moderators havent been on here for several years and it got me thinking maybe its time to update our moderators to people that actually come on the forum at a regular basis

Having said that I dont think we ever have much to moderate but needless to say it may need up dating

Paul

Hi Paul,

I don't really think that there is a lot to moderate sadly the likes of Farcebook and Twatter are the demise of these forums which is a real shame as this forum has shared much interest in the hobbies, jobs and like that we all enjoy.
I sincerely hope that things do go full circle and pick back up again for this forum as it has been very entertaining and full of knowledge and information; also I can't and won't be bothered with social media.

Jeremy

hair bear
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by hair bear » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:07 pm

In some respects it's a bit like cb radio. It's very quiet now the knobends have somewhere else to go and be antisocial, leaving us some nice clear air to get some sensible use out of it. It's only when chrismas comes around and films like 'Smokey and the Bandit' are aired then that brings a few out of the woodwork but thankfully they don't last long!
Sorry, gone off topic...
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

essexpete

Post #4 by essexpete » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:47 pm

Well I don't do twitter or facebook and stick to about 3/4 forums.
We get very little dross on here, unlike one of the large farming Forums.

modelman093

Post #5 by modelman093 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:57 pm

essexpete wrote:Well I don't do twitter or facebook and stick to about 3/4 forums.
We get very little dross on here, unlike one of the large farming Forums.

Same here, I wouldn't know where to start!
We have a nice polite and sensible adult forum with a good knowledge base without the need to "force" new content. It is interesting to note that the "new forum" that gave rise to a mass exodus from here a few years ago, now has a lot of discontented members.

Topic author
Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #6 by Mrsmackpaul » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:31 am

Well I must have missed a lot dunno about a new forum

As I said I dont think there is a lot if any to moderate but thought maybe best to update it anyway just encase the need arises but if you think there is no need thats fine with me as well

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Jeremy Rowland

Post #7 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:35 am

Thanks for all the replies :bow: yes this forum does run pretty smoothly and there is a great knowledge base from some very experienced people which is what you need; some members visit for information others just to see what's new and the rest because it's our hobby and interest, for me that is the case as I don't have a business to run but love construction machinery especially the older machines :thumbup:

I want to come on here and see photos of old machinery and discussion about them etc. not get into any arguments with folk as life's too short to be doing that; I think we all live under tremendous pressure these days which tells on our health and close relationships, sadly you're hard pushed to escape it, but I would always advocate making the time for a hobby or pass time and this forum does form part of my pastime so thank you to everybody on here. :bow:

Jeremy

topkit

Post #8 by topkit » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:47 pm

Very interesting post Gents, i am also a non social media person (some may say non sociable) :lol: my wife does facebook or bitchbook as she likes to call it, i have had a browse on there but it's full of idiots that want to tell you what they have had for dinner etc, It can also be a dangerous place with all of the visiting trolls too, People are all too willing to slag others off even people they don't know, I think there is also a certain element of Big Brother watching you on there as well, This forum is great it has enthusiastic and knowlegable people that are all willing to help each other out with their expertise and knowlege that they have gained over the years, All i can say is lets all try and keep it going its a sociable interesting and pleasant place to be :thumbup:

XS650

Post #9 by XS650 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Seems to me that you have almost single handedly kept this forum going Jeremy through the thin times when many would have given in , so many thanks and very well done :brravo:
Not all those who wander are lost.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #10 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:20 am

XS650 wrote:Seems to me that you have almost single handedly kept this forum going Jeremy through the thin times when many would have given in , so many thanks and very well done :brravo:

Thanks Craig :thumbup: this is a good forum with plenty of helpful information for all machinery users and enthusiasts alike, I would hope that it keeps on going, life gets busy for all of us but I always make time for this site and will endeavour to do so. I must say that Holger still does his bit in the background although he can mainly be found on Masinisten so thanks also to Holger. :bow:

Jeremy

Return to “Support and Suggestions”