Thrown out every couple of minutes! :(

How can we improve CMN? Please post your suggestions here!
Do you have problems with the site? Post here!
Do you have problems with the registration or problems to log in? Contact us at webmaster (at) classicmachinery.net

Also check out our How-To!

Topic author
perdixrouge

Thrown out every couple of minutes! :(

Post #1 by perdixrouge » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi, very annoyingly, I keep getting logged out every couple of minutes. Any ideas? I do tick the remember me box!

Thanks,

Peter

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Thrown out every couple of minutes! :(

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:28 pm

Peter I have contacted the admin about this issue. :thumbup:

Jeremy

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by tctractors » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:53 pm

This Site is sadly a knacker job, to get on is near impossible, once here it kicks you off again, sadly I hardly bother now as it wastes so much time. best of luck tctractors

modelman093

Post #4 by modelman093 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:54 pm

It was fine until updated to the current format. Even the much maligned image posting system worked fine for me but then I'm a desk top PC man!

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #5 by Mrsmackpaul » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:31 am

just to be different I dont have any problems but Im only on a few forums and as they go thru upgrades it can be very frustrating for some time after until we all get used to it and find our way around again

but I never have to log on all the time

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Topic author
perdixrouge

Post #6 by perdixrouge » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:55 am

Amazingly, I did not get thrown out once last night! Instead, all images posted on here seem to open up as you click on the main post, then rapidly all shut down one at a time untill they are all gone. Then clicking on a picture icon goes through the process again! Ah well!

Thanks for the replies folks, and the forum is well worth persevering with - a very useful source of info!

Peter

XS650

Post #7 by XS650 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:13 am

Fortunately never had any problems with it , did find old site easier tho :)
Not all those who wander are lost.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #8 by Holger » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:15 am

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I never get logged out. Have been logged on "for years". Strange!
I dont understand where the cause is.
What operating system and what browser are you using?
I know that Win10 and Edge causes trouble sometimes.
But Win10 also ships with IE.

As there are users on here that never have the issue getting logged out I fear that it is not a problem of the forum software or CMN.
But I dont know. It is hard to say!
Of course I want to solve this, but I dont know if I can.

perdixrouge, the issue with the closing images is nothing the server or the forum software would cause. :(
As for the logout problem: did you delete the cache and cookies in your browser?
What operating system and what browser are you using?

Sounds strange, but I wish the server and forum software WOULD cause all the problems, then I could do something about it!

Regarding upgrading the forums: we have to follow the upgrade-policy for the forum software from time to time.

I usually wait a long time before upgrading, so that all bugs are ironed out before we use the new forum software.
Not upgrading is nearly impossible.
There are many layers in the background.
We have to upgrade the server-system with the newest version of PHP and mysql from time to time to maintain the security.
Then older versions of the forum software will not be running on the newer system software.

And not upgrading the system software could easily be a point of attack and we dont want our info (mailadresses, passwords) leaked, do we?
Some resources:
How-To

TrevorJ
Flag: Australia

Post #9 by TrevorJ » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:46 pm

I've occasionally ... even before the upgrade, had from time to time, issues with some photos. Mostly I've noted it has been images which were loading via some other image server like "flickery," which does just that for my setup, one second there's a picture and then flick it's gone. (That has to do with how flickr serves up it's images, not the site.)

(P.S. Note:- I have my old browser set to not load any new images unless I click on them, so I don't know if that still happens that much.)

Win 10 SUXs ... the more I've had to fool with other people systems getting some VERY weird issues on their virgin win 10 machine, the more incredulous it is for me to believe anybody is really working with their new win 10 system effectively ... of course there are plenty of people who are using win10, who just don't know if win 10 is giving them a run around.

IMO, the forum is performing very well (though I've not tried downloading anything for a long while) on an old 2003 machine with XP and old opera 8.5 / firefox 2 / or qtweb.

QTweb (a light browser) is also something I'd suggest to those who are still routinely having issues. I use it for stubborn sites, but it doesn't always work.

Dah

Post #10 by Dah » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:41 pm

I find this a great website with excellent support and a top community. It's also free with nowhere near the levels of investment of most mainstream websites I imagine.

Upgrades are a necessary and unavoidable measure for any website so I would think the best approach is to help admin by continuing to provide details of the faults found.

Everyone has a choice around what websites to visit so there's little point criticising it! Just breeds negativity.

Return to “Support and Suggestions”