Jcb 3cx f reg wiring

How can we improve CMN? Please post your suggestions here!
Do you have problems with the site? Post here!
Do you have problems with the registration or problems to log in? Contact us at webmaster (at) classicmachinery.net

Also check out our How-To!

Topic author
avalonlife

Jcb 3cx f reg wiring

Post #1 by avalonlife » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:33 pm

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for an f plate 3cx? I have downloaded the manual from the download section but this seems to be for newer models. I have had a problem with it starting, got that sorted now it won't change gears. Any advice? Thanks.

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Jcb 3cx f reg wiring

Post #2 by topkit » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:46 pm

I had a 1986 machine so different type of shuttle to you, but from what you have said you had a starting problem which is now cured and i presume that you mean the forward and reverse is not working properly when you say you cant change gear, if so i would say it has to be something with a neutral switch, you should only be able to start it with the forward reverse lever in the centre ie neutral, There is also a 5A fuse for the forward & reverse solenoid, have you looked at the starter switch and checked all of the connections on the back of it. Hope that helps. The service manual from machine 337.001 on here should be of help, i downloaded it and printed it off onto about 600 pages!

Topic author
avalonlife

Re: Jcb 3cx f reg wiring

Post #3 by avalonlife » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:57 am

Many thanks for advice solved problem now dived in the deep end and took wiring harness out and found many many issues basically rewired the harness so many scotch clips in it and solder add ons put back as standard now all fine

Return to “Support and Suggestions”