Hello from Czech Republic

Feel free to introduce yourself here.
Tell us where you are from and how you found CMN!

Topic author
cernymart
Flag: Czech Republic

Hello from Czech Republic

Post #1 by cernymart » Fri May 07, 2021 8:29 pm

Hi all, and thx for this forum. I found it really usable. Great download section with manuals!

Im from Czech R. and recently I bought a JCB 3d MK2 (year is unknown to me). It stayed for 5 years and now was meant to go to the scrap yard. Its my second machine if I count HON UN 053.2. So i have a full head of restoration. Engine and hydraulics are working, even with the water after putting new core plug :thumbup: . Unfortunately the clutch is stuck. I hope it could be freed when the top cover is opened? The gasket under the cylinder head is also planed to do. And finally all the other stuff as electrics, cleaners, bodywork, etc. etc...

So hello to everyone again and good luck! Martin

download/file.php?mode=view&id=55088
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Hello from Czech Republic

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri May 07, 2021 8:55 pm

Hi and welcome Martin. :wave:

Jeremy

diggerjones
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by diggerjones » Fri May 07, 2021 9:14 pm

Welcome

essexpete

Post #4 by essexpete » Sat May 08, 2021 10:11 pm

Hello there
Just an idea: If you have space jack up on the legs, stop engine, engage a high gear, start engine and hit brakes with clutch fully depressed. The brakes may be poor so this may not help. A more risky (safety wise) method would be to tip the toe of the bucket into the ground, do the above and then retract the legs. You might get lucky and unstick the clutch.

MrF
Flag: France

Post #5 by MrF » Sun May 09, 2021 2:01 pm

Hi Martin,
I just recently disassembled a 3c mk2 with a clutch that would not release, and when I took it apart the clutch pushing mechanism had jumped out of position because of a broken retaining clip. If Pete's releasing tricks dont work I think you can take the floor plates out and remove the top half of the clutch cover and work on almost everything in situ to repair it.
I had a friend with a leyland tractor of the same year that the mk2 was based on and he changed his clutch this way in a morning.

There is a manual in the downloads section for the 3c series at least.

essexpete

Post #6 by essexpete » Sun May 09, 2021 7:22 pm

That was supposed to be a plus point of the Nuffield/Leyland tractors - changing the clutch without splitting.

Topic author
cernymart

Post #7 by cernymart » Mon May 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Thanks all for replies. Today i finished work on clutch - I had to remove the top cover, but its working fine now.

essexpete

Post #8 by essexpete » Mon May 10, 2021 6:29 pm

cernymart wrote:Thanks all for replies. Today i finished work on clutch - I had to remove the top cover, but its working fine now.

Once in through the top cover what did you do?

Topic author
cernymart

Post #9 by cernymart » Mon May 10, 2021 9:25 pm

essexpete wrote:
cernymart wrote:Thanks all for replies. Today i finished work on clutch - I had to remove the top cover, but its working fine now.

Well I used a brake cleaner spray, and with pressing the pedal I was carefully putting a thin, not sharp knife behind the clutch plate in order to free it all around. After i did the first two windows i turned the engine to get access to another two. One part was stuck really hard and needed to do it repeatedly. I also used the spray many times in order to moisten the plates. (Sorry that Im a little bit limited with my English talking about this kind of stuff.)

essexpete

Post #10 by essexpete » Tue May 11, 2021 9:25 pm

cernymart wrote:
essexpete wrote:

Well I used a brake cleaner spray, and with pressing the pedal I was carefully putting a thin, not sharp knife behind the clutch plate in order to free it all around. After i did the first two windows i turned the engine to get access to another two. One part was stuck really hard and needed to do it repeatedly. I also used the spray many times in order to moisten the plates. (Sorry that Im a little bit limited with my English talking about this kind of stuff.)

Don't apologise, your English is better than most of our's! Good to have an answer to a problem on the forum. It may help someone else in the future. Thanks.

Return to “Member Introductions”