Please read

Site announcements

Topic author
Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Please read

Post #1 by Martyn Henley » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:41 am

Sorry but goofed up and lost a post somewhere ..anyway this from Graham (jcb4cx) who posted this but was buried in another post somehow.
This has been posted on the ceforum and i think its worthy of more exposure :thumbup:
and could be a bit of a link do maybe :think:

Hi,
Are you passionate about football AND your community, particularly the children in it? Well so am I! Does anyone want to help some kids get their Football Club home, where it belongs. I know this is a very very long shot but I am really hoping that someone will read this post, feel their heart strings pull and almost take pity on me and my cause and offer to help
I am the club secretary for my sons Youth Football Club, SMYFC, based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. We have just secured the use of some land to base our club and bring the club home to Stukeley rather than it being on the other side of town. The problem we have is that it requires a huge amount of work, alot of which we are doing voluntarily - cutting trees down, strimming the large weeds and hedges, etc. However, we now find ourselves in a position whereby we require the use of large plant machinery to flatten and level out the land so we can start to sort the pitches out.
We have landscapers on board who are willing to lay turf, provide fencing, sort out tree-felling but we can do none of this until the land is flat.
This is where hopefully, some kind generous soul will come good and want to help get involved with this great club who provide so much for the local children.
We have extremely limited funds but what we would offer however is lots of advertising on our pitches. We will have approximately 300+ people pass through it at home matches (we have six teams now). The local press are extremely interested in running a story on us as they are aware of our project and are keen to get on board - this would obviously involve the mention of anyone who has given up their time, experience, equipment, etc.
I have contacted ALL the local plant hire companies in the area and they have either ignored our plea or have just flatley refused. I am aware that this is costly, we're in austere times and things are uncertain but we are just trying to provide somewhere safe for the local kids where they can be focused on something positive whilst getting fit at the same time - better than them hanging about getting up to no good or being stuck indoors on an array of games consoles.
If you are interested or have any ideas then plea

martyn williams

Re: Please read

Post #2 by martyn williams » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:06 pm

Link club members with some machines in that area ??? that could help out. The Lutterworth event worked well,fun was had by Link club members and the four by four track was reconstructed.A playing field up near where I live was sorted out pretty fast with a dozer and towed scraper box a few years back
Martyn

Return to “Announcements”