WEBSITES

Site announcements

Topic author
martyn williams

Re: WEBSITES

Post #11 by martyn williams » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Thanks boys for your kind comments.
Yes its just a hobby,but a hobby I love doing.I like meeting people and sharing information.Love getting my hands dirty.
This forum has nearly 2000 members now.
Its a sad fact of life that you will get a small percentage of, I don't know.I can't print my feelings in words what I am thinking off.I would get banned for using words like that.
When the weather improves I will post more photos of my projects and shows.
Martyn

pk1200

Post #12 by pk1200 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:42 pm

Hi Martyn
I don't know the background to your troubles but is this the same thing that has caused Nick to take a back seat.Really sad state of affairs.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #13 by martyn williams » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:00 am

This is the type of rubbish I had to put up with.
Taken off my ACMOC personal email.
Gordon.
Senior Member Join Date: Nov 2006

Read the emails

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You sort things or you'll be ruined mate.You boss gonna keep a diesel thief on is he

I then had a meeting with my boss,he said that this person is sad B "****D. As I get on very well with my boss.

You know what rearly hurts me,some of my fellow link members did not believe me.That bloody hurt.
All threats have been documented and copied for evidence.
gwh Diesel wanted to ban this person off ACMOC but could not due to technical reasons.
This is what we are up against !!!
A fellow CMN member was also threatened in the same way.
I will not reveal that persons identity,rest assured mate.
This is a very small insight of the c*rap we have had to put up with.
Martyn
Last edited by martyn williams on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #14 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:04 am

pk1200 wrote:Hi Martyn
I don't know the background to your troubles but is this the same thing that has caused Nick to take a back seat.Really sad state of affairs.

Yes it is the same thing and its been an unfortunate turn of events that all originally stemmed from one former member of this site.
There is no need for any details to be put up on this board as all of this is now in the past and I for one would like to see CMN move forward.
This site has provided its members with information, pictures and help and most of all with enjoyment of the common interest which we all have.
I respect Martyn's decision and know that he will still be able to provide a good positive input into this common hobby of ours.

Jeremy :D

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #15 by martyn williams » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:06 am

Lets now move on please
And talk machinery.
Regards
Martyn

LBL

Post #16 by LBL » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:31 am

Hmm there are two sides to every story ,is it not true that you and nick drew set out to disrupt the "other" site ,to goad another member in to responding to you so you could get evidence [quote] Hello Nigel What would you do if you were threatened? The police needed evidence.Which they have now got.
The only way to get it was to draw out the person.That worked,he hid behind a name [quote]
if all of this had already happened ,why did you need to do what you have done ,surely you would have had the evidence
entrapment i think its called
you have done immense damage to the good name of the link club by you actions

site admin stated earlier this week against posts like this ,but you are allowed to continue ,so i hope this post will stay
apologising to Julian for what you both did on his young ,new , site would be a good thing to do
and maybe it could all be put behind us and both sites could continue to grow
yours hopefully
Nigel

Jeremy Rowland

Post #17 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 am

It does not really matter anymore what transpires as things are in the hands of the police regarding an ex-member of this site.
All I can say at this time is enquiries are being carried out.
Again I respect the decision taken by Martyn to step down perhaps we can now move forward and concentrate on our hobby "classic machinery" or is that too much to ask from some adults who should know better?

Jeremy

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #18 by martyn williams » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:42 am

Nigel,what are we supposed to do sit on our hands and take it ?
We needed evidence to take to the police.Don't forget this had been going on for month and months.
Anyway,I sent you a pm the other day.
We need to move forward now.
Martyn

LBL

Post #19 by LBL » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:56 am

B100 LOADER wrote:Nigel,what are we supposed to do sit on our hands and take it ?
We needed evidence to take to the police.Don't forget this had been going on for month and months.
Anyway,I sent you a pm the other day.
We need to move forward now.
Martyn

so if i was beaten up in a pub and went to the police ,but had no evidence to show .and decide to go back to the pub and goad the person into beating me up again ,while a friend recored it ,would that be right :dizzy: as this is how i read what you have done
if all of this had already happened ,you would have evidence and would not need to do what you had done
i am just trying to get my head around why you did it as you state it had been going on for months and months ,so i do not see why you had to do what you did
and to be honest i think you only did it to disrupt the site and are now trying to justify you actions :oops:

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #20 by Martyn Henley » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:14 pm

This is really getting so very very tiresome .... Yes Martyn W and Nick were both bang out of order by going on to BCEF forum back over the holiday period, but i assure you it was off their own backs, it had nothing to do with Holger, Deas,Jeremy or myself .. the outcome of their actions are now apparent, one nearly lost their job over it, and if that was not enough he ended up in hospital with heart problems for their pains.. and the other losing some creditability... so is that enough blood for everyone eh

Now listen up, one thing that both CMN and BCEF have in common, and that is money to run these sites, yes we both have advertisers that pay for their adverts to be displayed, but i know in our case the adverts that are displayed in the top right hand corner do not cover the costs of running a site such as these, i cant comment on BCEF but as they get bigger and have to install bigger and larger servers to cope with the traffic, the costs gets bigger,
now put yourself in the shoes of some one who is thinking of paying out to advertise on these sites... they will take one look at us and say no way :dizzy: .. they will want to invest in these sites to show their wares off to sensible posters that have a genuine interest in our industry ... not a bunch of argumentative screaming knuckle dragger's :doh: .... so ask yourselves this before you type another letter ... would you rather come on to both our sites and share with everyone your interest, have a laugh, have a chat,ask questions about things you are not to sure on, look at pictures of machines, jobs and people ... or would you rather sit in front of the TV watching corrie and eastenders every night with the wife :shock: .... because the way we are carrying on the money will run out, and Holger and Julian will say why should they pay out of their own pocket for all this crap ..

Now both sides ..please knock it on the head, before its too late... there is plenty room on the net for BOTH forums, for everyone to use.

Return to “Announcements”