I need your feedback!

Site announcements

Nick Drew

Re: I need your feedback!

Post #21 by Nick Drew » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:05 pm

Hi All,

I would just like to add that we all need to remember that we are a global forum and that we all need to work hard to keep the friendly atmosphere that we have created :thumbs_up:

We must remember that there are bound to be cultural differences and sometimes things may not read right in translation.

I myself recently became a victim of a character assassination on the American equipment forum when things that I had written were taken totally out of context and prompted a massive over reaction from the admin guys there :dizzy:

I DO NOT want to see such a thing happening to anyone here!! And I will always endeavour to diffuse any situations that arise in a more friendly and not a dictatorial way ;)

Now lets enjoy our wonderful forum :thumbs_up:

Nick :D

Robban_C

Post #22 by Robban_C » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:48 am

Nick Drew wrote:... I myself recently became a victim of a character assassination on the American equipment forum when things that I had written were taken totally out of context and prompted a massive over reaction from the admin guys there :dizzy: ...

I think the discussion about our atmosphere is quite complete but I just realized this:
Nick, you have English as your native tounge and still was misunderstood.
To everyone:
Remember that there are some of us here (and there hopefully will be even more of us) that don´t have English as our native tounge. Having this is mind might explain some misunderstandings in an early stage before feelings get hurt!
And there are quite a huge difference in our English as well. Some of us do quite well while it´s very difficult for some of us. If in doubt feel free to ask "Do you mean....". That´s probably better than making someone feel uncomfortable by answering the wrong question.

Whenever I write something I usually try to write numbers with both metric and Imperial (is that the right name?) units such as mm and inches. The metric units are common to us, we use it all day. How about you? Do you use metric units out there? I don´t know which is most common to you?
Should I continue using both units?
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #23 by tctractors » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:26 pm

Robban in the U.K. we buy our Petrol /Diesel in litres, but our Beer is sold in Pints??????we have metric in our cash 100 pence = £ but we do not have the Euro ????? the U.K. is one odd place to live.
tctractors.
P.S. what a great site this is, pics coming soon

Robban_C

Post #24 by Robban_C » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:34 pm

LOL!
They say that the British Empire are changing to metric values, inch by inch. :mrgreen:

Hi and welcome! :thumbs_up:
We are waiting for pictures and we are curious about who you are and what you do. :dizzy:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #25 by tctractors » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:43 pm

Robban, I will put myself in the intro slot.

Shovelman

Post #26 by Shovelman » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:02 am

Hi Holger,

Respectfully; I would like to offer you more opinions regarding the classified website. I know this is your website and you can make it any way you want it, but please consider this:

When someone new finds CMN; how do they know that there is a classifieds section unless they read this thread or read through the old inactive posts in the "Support and Suggestions" section? I have been looking at the classified website even before I registered back in July and as of today there is still no activity.

If you would add only two of the categories I suggested in my previous post (models and literature "wanted"/"for sale/exchange/swap"); I will certainly post some topics there. I am still hoping that participating on this site will reward me in the future in meeting other model and catalog collectors.

In closing; please do not consider this as an attack or an insult? It is only one mans opinion.

All the best,

John

Topic author
Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #27 by Holger » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:25 am

Hi John,

no problem! This is an important thing here. YOUR opinions and suggestions are HIGHLY appreciated!
I cannot run this site without input from the members!

Yes, I know the calssifieds page is still a mess.
I did not find any time to continue.
Ok, a new person does not arrive directly to the forums, they are arriving to http://www.classicmachinery.net and there they will find a link to the classifieds.
Also, as soon as this forum-software is going final, I will add another header with links to the remaining site.

But you are right, we will start with sections here in the forum. When the calssifieds script is readz and works like I want it to do we maybe can switch.

Once again: THANK YOU for the input!

/Holger
Some resources:
How-To

Shovelman

Post #28 by Shovelman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:50 am

Hi Holger,

I wish I could remember what keyword I was searching when I found this site, but the link took me directly to the forum. I had never seen the home page before now!

Thanks for adding the classified categories! Ill post some listings later this evening or tomorrow.

All the best,

John

pushcat

Post #29 by pushcat » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:48 pm

Hi Holger:
I am enjoying this site very much and hope to make many new friends here. I have absolutely no complaints and one request. Could you add a section on antique equipment?

Topic author
Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #30 by Holger » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:52 am

Hi,

Antique Equipment is a very good idea! Thank you!

/Holger
Some resources:
How-To

Return to “Announcements”