I need your feedback!

Site announcements

Topic author
Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Re: I need your feedback!

Post #241 by Holger » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:18 am

milesclinch wrote:The point I am making is that links to other places may assist your members

Of course. If links to other places are helpful then just copy and paste the address into the message!
Some resources:
How-To

tjmschwall37wc

Post #242 by tjmschwall37wc » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:13 am

I just got started. Looks good so far. I just received my grandfathers 37 wc ac. The web page will be very helpful. I needed the shop manual because the govenor blew up and I need to tear into it. Thank you for your time.
Thomas Schwaller
monroe indiana

Topic author
Holger
Site Admin

Post #243 by Holger » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:46 am

Welcome to CMN Thomas! :-)
Some resources:
How-To

steve-h

Post #244 by steve-h » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:32 pm

have to just say that being a member of a few forums and a new member here, you lot are the most helpful and polite bunch i have met.

With regards to the question asked initally, from a new members point of view, i find this place easy to navigate, not too complicated and very friendly, not to mention helpful as well, which begs the question, Do you need to fix/change something thats not broken?. regards steve

martyn williams

Post #245 by martyn williams » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Hello Steve
Thats what this great hobby of ours is all about. :thumbup: Helping each other with restorations,sharing photos and information and just having fun.
Some websites out there are very poor,they just spew out poison and insults and contribute very little to the hobby.
We are very lucky on CMN to have a good membership that is increasing by the day.Glad you like it on here and long may it continue.Met up with a few guys off CMN at various events that I have visited.Hopefully will meet a few more at the Dorset Steam fair.
Cheers
Martyn

oldbikeles

Post #246 by oldbikeles » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi there. I am new here just a few days ago. My main reason for joining was to get help as needed with my recently acquired small "Liner Roughrider". It is powered by a Petters AVA1 unit, with 3 fwd and rev gearbox.
I am confused as to where this machine should "live" here. It is not an articulated dumper (where I noticed the even smaller GF dumper), maybe "construction equipment" where there seem to be a few dumpers. I am sure there are many people out there with small dumpers mainly used around the house and garden (or are they all "show purposes" only?) who would be happy to see a "small dumper" category.
Any comments?

Topic author
Holger
Site Admin

Post #247 by Holger » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi Les,

thank you for the feedback!

I think your machine should fit into the "Misc earthmoving equipment" or Compact Equipment?

What do you think?
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
Holger
Site Admin

Post #248 by Holger » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi again!
After some thinking we have set up a forum for Compact Dumpers in the Compact Equipment section.
If you see any topics that would better be moved to the new forum please report them to me or a moderator.
Enjoy!
Some resources:
How-To

oldbikeles

Post #249 by oldbikeles » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:40 pm

Thanks, I had not looked in iether of the two categories you cited previously, but I had found the little "Geaorge Fowell" in "Articulated Dumpers", and "Norma" plus others in "Constrution Equipment".
I will have a dig around when I get a few minutes and report all specific items I see which would be better cited in "Compact Dumpers".
Thanks for your interest.
Les

Topic author
Holger
Site Admin

Post #250 by Holger » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:27 am

Thank you Les!
Some resources:
How-To

Return to “Announcements”