Do they still exist

Discuss haulers/dump trucks here

Topic author
Renaultman

Do they still exist

Post #1 by Renaultman » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:03 pm

I can't remember the name of the manufacturer but when I'll describe the machine you'll know what I'm rambling on about. The dumptruck in question was a 8x8 lorry and trailer, the lorry looked like an old Unimog and the trailer did not tip but the floor was a rubber conveyor and had an odd hitch set up. Painted Yellow with a hydraulic tailgate.

tim
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Do they still exist

Post #2 by tim » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Renaultman wrote:I can't remember the name of the manufacturer but when I'll describe the machine you'll know what I'm rambling on about. The dumptruck in question was a 8x8 lorry and trailer, the lorry looked like an old Unimog and the trailer did not tip but the floor was a rubber conveyor and had an odd hitch set up. Painted Yellow with a hydraulic tailgate.

I think you mean the Multidrive M8 Renaultman-don't know if any are still around-try google and there is a you tube of the M8 as well

BulldozerD11

Post #3 by BulldozerD11 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Renaultman wrote:I can't remember the name of the manufacturer but when I'll describe the machine you'll know what I'm rambling on about. The dumptruck in question was a 8x8 lorry and trailer, the lorry looked like an old Unimog and the trailer did not tip but the floor was a rubber conveyor and had an odd hitch set up. Painted Yellow with a hydraulic tailgate.

There are some photos on the Tractor Wiki site and company history, some of it was added by ex staff. I cannot remember the full history off the top of my head but basically the Founder died and the company was taken over by Kellands who build multidrive Tractors which are used for sprayers & spreaders. The Multidrive lorry idea dident take off other than a contract for tankers the MOD IRC.

Just type Multidrive in the search box over at the wiki - see link below

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by XS650 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:05 pm

There are photos of it and other AWD Multidrive stuff on CMN here -
Multidrive - Another David J Brown company
Not all those who wander are lost.

Topic author
Renaultman

Post #5 by Renaultman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Thats the one. When I typed Multidrive in goolge I just got the spray tractors. I thought I got the name wrong. Might have been a good machine for the opencast market hauling the coal to the top. Thanks for the info.

Return to “Haulers/Dump Trucks”