something different ???

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

neilc
Flag: Great Britain

Re: something different ???

Post #11 by neilc » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:26 pm

widget wrote:Hi Steve,
I also found this that Neversweat Steve has posted.
I recognise the Alberet PTR,s but not the machines, Dynapacs maybe, any ideas guys?

Wow French Alberet rollers ,haven"t heard that name for donkeys ,weren"t they designed by the French equivalent of Heath Robinson ,it looked like it ! Aveling Barfords PTR s were certainly more substantial .The paver looks like its layout was influenced by BK .Whatever it is, its fixed screed is laying a nice mat.

neilc
Flag: Great Britain

Re: something different ???

Post #12 by neilc » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:45 pm

ruston wrote:
neilc wrote:Hello Pete ,I know what you mean , I did quite a lot of work at the Millbrook circuit in Bedfordshire some years back , some of the gradients maybe 1 in 10 or less and savage crossfalls on severe curves you think you are going to tip clean over , really does focus the mind ! By the way Pete who manufactured the paver for the Toyota job ? Regards Neil

Hi Neil, alas I cannot recall the manufacturer and of course in those days (about a dozen years or more ago) I didn't carry a camera with me! It was painted yellow if that helps!!! ;) Thinking it may have been German perhaps? We were told that it and the roller were specially constructed for that one job so it was obviously worth the expense, I guess that it would be a long time before it would be used again?

Just seen this on Youtube, not the same sort of machine but still interesting. I wonder about engine lubrication? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DshG_XG_fJY

Pete.

Good question Pete, there doesn't seem to be any obvious physical modifications to take account of the gradient regarding lubrication ,and everything looks fairly standard .This could be one for Paul to settle .Regards Neil

Return to “Paving Equipment”