Jcb vibromax 90 strapping warning

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

Topic author
zng109

Jcb vibromax 90 strapping warning

Post #1 by zng109 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:56 am

all (or most plant) is fitted with tie points for transport :thumbup:
last year my driver managed to create sone very exspensive mayhem my strapping a vibromax 90 accross the central pivot :evil:
the new JCB fleet has very tight looms on them made worse with exsesive cable ties!
in ratcheting down the machine he managed to pull the loom :evil:
the machine failed to start on the trailer, his reaction was to crank the starter over until the battery was flat and the starter burnt out :brravo:
once we got the machine back green sheilds managed to re conect the loom (or most of it) of course the driver failed to mention what he had done :x
then after a new battery and starter gunn came out (yep the crumply van man) and removed the fuse box and found the seperated conectors (17mm socket job, couple of bolts push push and all is well)

oh yes and greensheilds left a bridge in the seat cut off which I wasnt to chuffed with :arrrrgh:
so just watch out for bad loading practice :thumbup:
why buy when you can hire?

Hutch

Re: Jcb vibromax 90 strapping warning

Post #2 by Hutch » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi
You got off lightly chaining over the pivot can cause failure of the casting and much expense, a lot of hire companies now fit stickers advising not to chain over the pivot.As for Greenshields leaving a bridge in a safety device totally bad practice and the engineer should be on a written warning.

Topic author
zng109

Post #3 by zng109 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:28 pm

chains are good practice, but we use load straps, The driver did know not to strap across the pivot but "forgot" that day :cry:
I did see a new system which is 2x solid bars that clamp the digger accross the tracks to the trailer, allas i doubt we would get them :thumbdown:

jcbjs220

Post #4 by jcbjs220 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:31 pm

hi ian

the driver should have been given a kicking! a simple mistake that cost a hell of a lot to fix, and unfortunatly that machine will never run right again. It broke down several times after because pins kept comming loose in the plug! has it been ok since???

Topic author
zng109

Post #5 by zng109 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:58 pm

yep you worked on it, as far as I know its ok, but its down to training error, they are not trained to do the job. so what do you expect?
now from the top, new battery, new starter motor, a fuse that we didnt know the use of, all because of a pull in the loom :doh: (oh yes 3 break downs, the best one being down an ally next to a house so more or less un recoverable with what we have ;)

Return to “Paving Equipment”