Can Anyone ID this Roller ?

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Re: Can Anyone ID this Roller ?

Post #11 by FOWLER MAN » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:48 pm

Fowler VF wrote:A picture of my Aveling Barford DX8 and my engineers van. This is the roller with the Rustons single cylinder engine.

back to the original photo, I dont know what it is, I think you are saying marshall because of the similarities in the exhaust, but the body panels look different

Hello Nick,
Great to see your DX it Looks very tidy. The van looks excelent too.
I'm not saying Marshall because of the fish tail exhaust, but because I know the model, having worked on one.
Heres another photo of the earlier single cylinder model with flywheel on the side. I have'nt got a photo of the later version (circa 1947/8), The pannels were changed to accomodate the Perkins P4.
The photo posted by Steve showing the fish tail exhaust is of two very different later 1950s Road Marshall RD series rollers.
Fred
img 100145.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Re: Can Anyone ID this Roller ?

Post #12 by FOWLER MAN » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:35 am

Heres another Marshall roller from the 1940s, (recently for sale), and simmmular to the one in the original photo.in this thread.
This one appears to have the Turner V4 engine.
Fred
img 100147.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Paving Equipment”