PATTISSON Turf Roller

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

Topic author
taurus MK1
Flag: Great Britain

PATTISSON Turf Roller

Post #1 by taurus MK1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:44 pm

:) Hi, ended up giving this roller a home on Thursday. I have seen pictures and heard of the manufacturer before, H. Pattisson & Co.Ltd Stanmore Middx. Im guessing from the ser.no it could be 1959. It has a Ford Pop engine and their own gearbox.
Anybody got any more details. Will have to make more room in a shed!

Cheers John :rockon:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BulldozerD11

Re: PATTISSON Turf Roller

Post #2 by BulldozerD11 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi John :thumbup:

looks an interesting 'contraption'

Not heard of Pattinson - any details John

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Jev

Post #3 by Jev » Sat May 01, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi.

I've got one of them!

Or rather my cricket club has one and it falls to me to keep it going with TLC.

Whereabouts in the country are you? There are so few pictures of this machine on the net.

I am near Huntingdon, Cambs.

Jev

Post #4 by Jev » Fri May 14, 2010 11:26 pm

Bump

Topic author
taurus MK1
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by taurus MK1 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:10 pm

:wave: Hi Jev, sorry but just noticed that my reply to you did not get posted, i guess it got lost when the site went down.
The roller is in the shed, a future project, but many more in front. The engine i guess is a Ford Pop, im told it was all up and running beforeit was put away in a shed due to poor gaurding :o it came from a council owned golf range.

Cheers for now John
:rockon:

Jev

Post #6 by Jev » Sun May 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks for the reply, I think our messages did disappear into a hole when the site went down.

Our machine is a runner so if ever you want to see one running let me know, but based on your membership of this site you should find the roller fairly easy to maintain. The engine is the E93A (according to the transmission dipstick) which makes it a Ford Prefect or Popular? The one issue I have, although not a critical one, is that the left wheel brake doesn't work. You can see the movement of the shoe out towards the hub but virtually no brake force results. I am not confident enough to dismantle yet and check if some plonker has just let grease get in there?
I would also like to upgrade to 12 volt. I have the alternator & coil but no battery, but then worked out it requires some welding of a bracket to mount the alternator. However, it does start on a crank handle if required so I must be doing something right!

Our machine came from a country estate in the South East many years ago. It is diffucult to know how many years of hard work it had before us but the teeth have worn off the hand brake making it useless - then again our cricket ground is virtually flat after all! Our fuel tank is from a standing engine and is mounted right on top of the engine cover (rather than under it as was originally intended?)

Attached is a picture I found of another one - with tractor wheels rather than roller wheels & engine side panels - we never had any.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Buster1312

Post #7 by Buster1312 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi
Wondering if anyone can help me I bought a peice of equipment that was manufactured by H Pattisson & Co Ltd Stanmore hill works Stanmore Middx looking for a contact number for parts
Regards
Roddy

Jev

Post #8 by Jev » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:08 pm

Sorry - can't help you with spares contacts. I know of one other machine where the only chassis repair was made by a metal fabricator and a welding torch.
As for the engine & gearbox, they are "standard" Ford sidevalve prefect & popular parts. E93A engine in my machine.

listerlad

Post #9 by listerlad » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:57 pm

help does anybody out there in interweb land know how to remove the oil seal on the drive axle i have removed the hub etc and come to a round ring tried a c spanner but the hole in the ring is too small dosnt move using a drift either

Return to “Paving Equipment”