Blaw Knox Pavers

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

70's steve
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Blaw Knox Pavers

Post #281 by 70's steve » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:44 pm

few more findings this w/end
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Ian Fletcher1970

Post #282 by Ian Fletcher1970 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Another good set of pictures Steve :claphands: :thumbup: - You don't see many Bristowes Chippers these days

70's steve

Post #283 by 70's steve » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:40 pm

more to the colection with a few rollers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

70's steve

Post #284 by 70's steve » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:51 pm

hi gents ,
couple more pictures to the xmas run up :dizzy: hope your all finishing of those jobs this week :D ready for early finsh friday :rockon:

neilc

Post #285 by neilc » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:45 am

70's steve wrote:hi gents ,
couple more pictures to the xmas run up :dizzy: hope your all finishing of those jobs this week :D ready for early finsh friday :rockon:

Hello all, I've been flat out for the last few months so out of loop, I hope you are all well but well done Steve you should consider a career change to investitagative journalist. On a more sombre note a friend of mine bumped into Archie formally Dave Bland's machine driver Tarmac Roadstone Southern who informed him that D Bland's screwman Chris passed away very recently the industry is all the poorer when these people are gone. On a lighter note Merve Buckle, machine driver is still enjoying his retirement.Regards Neil

70's steve

Post #286 by 70's steve » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:38 pm

hi all,
been a while since a bk piccie was posted up , so heres 1 , hope your all well gentleman and working hard to keep warm during this cold snap :wave:

widget

Post #287 by widget » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:24 am

neilc wrote:
Ian Fletcher1970 wrote:Here's a scan of a photo I got off e-bay of a Tilbury Road Burner

Ian

Hello Ian, rare picture I don't recall coming across anything like that since I've been in the job but does anybody remember the Infared Heater Patcher Tarmac Roadstone ran out of their Corby depot into the early 90s? Amey Roadstone had a similar but more modern model. I think health and safety killed them off. Regards Neil

Hello all,
I am new to CMN so i am working my way through the posts.
This one caught my eye because I spent many hours working with Pete and his infrared heater back in the late 80's. Gas operated mounted on a Ford Truck (i think) I also remember many pies were cooked as it passed over them just before the roller got to them!
I worked out of Corby as a machine driver for Terry Coulsons gang, Finding lots of names i know mentioned in the posts as i work through them. Bringing back lots of memories.
Regards
Richard
I want to rust out not wear out

widget

Post #288 by widget » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:17 pm

neilc wrote:
70's steve wrote:hi gents ,

Hello all, I've been flat out for the last few months so out of loop, I hope you are all well but well done Steve you should consider a career change to investitagative journalist. On a more sombre note a friend of mine bumped into Archie formally Dave Bland's machine driver Tarmac Roadstone Southern who informed him that D Bland's screwman Chris passed away very recently the industry is all the poorer when these people are gone. On a lighter note Merve Buckle, machine driver is still enjoying his retirement.Regards Neil

Hi all,
As i am new to CMN i am trawling through all the posts and i came across this one and i hope you all don't mind me commenting.
I was saddened to here that Chris had passed away, I worked many times with Chris and Dave's gang back in the late eighties / early nineties when i was starting out.
I remember one incident though when Chris fell in front of the screed, and Merve laid him in the mat!
Chris miraculously only had minor injuries and only had a short time off work. I think he suffered more from ribbing that went on for a long time after.
RIP old boy.
Richard

widget

Post #289 by widget » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi all,
Here's me and my trusty BK on the M40, we were laying about 2000 tons a day at this point.
Note the most important piece of kit on the job......The Teapot ;)
Richard

Jeremy Rowland

Post #290 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:07 pm

All good stuff there Richard. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Paving Equipment”