Fordson Powered Roller

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

Topic author

Fordson Powered Roller

Post #1 by 7480 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:52 pm

Found this in a scrap yard to
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Fordson Powered Roller

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:59 pm

Great pictures David :thumbs_up: amazing what one finds in scrapyards .. tell you what, go to the members introduction thread and introduce yourself to everyone .. :thumbs_up:

Martyn

Fowler VF

Post #3 by Fowler VF » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:12 pm

My guess is an Aveling Barford. They made some for the war department in WWII, originally fitted with a 6 cylinder petrol engine. Most of them were converted by the civillian owners once the military sold them on as they were very thirsty on petrol. The first ones into civillian life often had E27N TVO and latterly E1A majors as the donors. I also think they had a very high top gear, fastest road roller made. Presumably to dodge the bullets??!!

amingf29

Post #4 by amingf29 » Sun May 30, 2010 10:43 am

I have the chance to buy a Fordson powered Austin Pup road roller. I believe it to be from the mid 1920's. At one time there was a wooden conopy over the machine sim. to what you would find on a steam tractor. It appears to be pretty compleat. Does any one here know anything about these? I have looked and posted inquires all over the net with no luck.I own and have restored a few farm tractors but I have never even seen one of these at any of the shows I have been to. It looks cool! Any help would be welcomed.

Lexus SC400 Parts

martyn williams

Post #5 by martyn williams » Sun May 30, 2010 2:49 pm

Contact Bill Dickens of the Road roller association.He is the main man on motor rollers.I have drivern one of those Fordson powered rollers,they are very thirsty on fuel and also fast.
Martyn

Return to “Paving Equipment”