Mystery mini tracked paver spotted today

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

Topic author
Gavin Phillips

Mystery mini tracked paver spotted today

Post #1 by Gavin Phillips » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Pavers aren't usually something that I've either taken many pictures of or even see that often. Most often by the time its the weekend, that machines have either left the area or are locked away somewhere out of sight.

Anyway this one from todays wanderings left me with quite a puzzle; its owned by Rainton (part of the MGL Group although they still trade under their own name) and was being used seemingly to lay coloured ashphalt for a cycle lane. Sweet little machine, it would have been nice to see it working but I'm just happy to have seen it at all.

Blaw Knox and Bitelli have always been pretty popular paver-makers from what I've seen around here but I'm just not sure what this one is. Does anyone have any idea? PVR06 is obviously the fleet number for Rainton but I've never had much luck getting in touch with them before.

More recently, I've seen some new Caterpillar pavers, but they're far in the minority compared with alot of older Bklaw-Knox and Bitelli machines that I've observed doing the typical road job, alongside JCB 2CX's and HAMM rollers of various sizes which seem to be the standard kit.
Look out that window, Eden isn't burning. Its burnt.

liamkav
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Mystery mini tracked paver spotted today

Post #2 by liamkav » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:09 am

Was a tough one but we got it in the end :D

Hutch

Re: Mystery mini tracked paver spotted today

Post #3 by Hutch » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi Gavin
Paver in question is an Antec PT2600 and of Italian origin with the company being brought by Ammann a few years ago . Antec was a rival of Bitelli, having been set up by one of the engineers who left Bitelli to start their own company

Return to “Paving Equipment”