Blaw Knox Pavers

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

widget
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Blaw Knox Pavers

Post #441 by widget » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Another BK :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I want to rust out not wear out

mick h

Post #442 by mick h » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Conny Harts machine with the dreaded Telescreed on a BK95. Good post.

neilc

Post #443 by neilc » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:34 am

mick h wrote:Conny Harts machine with the dreaded Telescreed on a BK95. Good post.

Hello all,looking at the lads in that picture makes me want to turn the heating up ,brings back some cold memories !The mat in the picture looks ok for all the woes BKs telescreed had .From experience Constables had some very nice pavers,very competent crews and good fitters .Shame they disappeared within Associated Asphalt

70's steve

Post #444 by 70's steve » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:02 am

yes a very good company , my father started with them when he came into this game in the 60's lol , and got trained up to be a bk operator,they had a lot of mod work then ,my father did many army base parade grounds ,he allways mentioned salsbury plane ,and shoesbyness ,where they lodged away in the caravan that they provied, in the late 60's he went to amascos,which got taken over by tarmacs ,but in the mid 90's when he was subbing ,did a few jobs for constable hearts, and saw some old faces that were still working on there when he was on there prevoius years ,

widget

Post #445 by widget » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Here's my favorite for you all,(posted earlier by Steve) with its shipping crate in the pan.
I remember trying get to the shipping crate before everyone else so the tool kit didnt go missing :lol:
Merry Christmas guys and a happy new year :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

70's steve

Post #446 by 70's steve » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:41 pm

hi all,
been a while but heres a few more bk's ,

neilc

Post #447 by neilc » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:54 pm

70's steve wrote:hi all,
been a while but heres a few more bk's ,

Hello Steve , the PF20 looks in a similar condition to my own PF20 in that it has been converted to LPG for the screed heating .The BK90 is in real need of a sympathetic home if only I knew where to find it ! No doubt the BK191 is a Craig Plant recon but it looks well .Regards Neil

70's steve

Post #448 by 70's steve » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Hi all
Few more piccies thrown into the pot found on a Facebook group

tarmac

Post #449 by tarmac » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:30 pm

widget wrote:Hi Neil, :wave:
I cant believe our paths never crossed, I virtually new every ones name you have listed!

Paddy Burns and Neil Logue (and his pipe) Stuart.....? the other roller driver, and George Green was from Paddy devennys gang out of Corby ( who was also the machine driver/foreman) .

Bennie Bettles came from Associated Asphalt with Malc Upex (had some laughs with Malc).

Jim will fix it fitter was as mad as a box of frogs, and Paul Watson was the apprentice fitter then (a good lad). we also had another fitter called Bob....? who was tragically killed in an accident on the A43, and Simon Mee was the other fitter who i went onto work with at Bardons out of Peterborough ( which was John Watts and yes it was there section of the A604) until i moved onto Clee Hill as a fitter in 95 ish.

Was Roy Mason deaf? I seem to remember he was ??

I new Vanna Schultz very well, I started out in the same gang as him with Terry Coulson, Pat Meaney, Sam Knight, Mickey White, Crawford...? Bob Taylor, Mickey Tinker :bow: Steve Smith. Malc Upex and Benn Bettles joined us a little while later.

Allen Mitchel came to Bardons at peterborough in the early 90's for a few years.

Alan Platt, Tony Footit and John Harris all Legends in there own right!

There was also Malc....? who used to deliver all the Tac coat, diesel and gas etc to all of the gangs in his Ford cargo with all his paving models on his dashboard.
Sam...? who worked in the stores.
Brian Frear and his son Jim who did all the low loader work.

I did drive the demo BK95A on the M40 and the cow did lead us a bit of a dance for a while, but bu**er it was worked hard, we had lots of issues with batches of Road base also (it ran like water sometimes!)

Thanks Neil you have put a massive grin on my face with all these names :D , and more to add maybe at some point.. Small world eh?
Heres one for you..... Do you know the machine driver in this photo Its bugging me, Im sure he was from the Chesterfield gang???
I will catch up with you again with more stories, I think i may have one for every name mentioned LOL
Regards
Richard

widget

Post #450 by widget » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:07 pm

70's steve wrote:Hi all
Few more piccies thrown into the pot found on a Facebook group

Real screwmen :bow:

great pics Steve :thumbup:

Andy ......?????